Ginger Molasses Cookies

Hello!
The hardworking spouse has asked for ginger molasses cookies. He’s a fan of chewy cookies with a crisp outer edges. Please let me know if you have a recipe you can share.
Thanks!

1 Like

I love Milk on Beverly’s molasses cookies, and the L.A. Times published their recipe several years ago by reader request. I don’t recall these having crispy outer edges though.

2 Likes

I made these last night, and the husband loved them. Thanks, @chinchi! If you bake them to the 18 minute mark on convection mode, the edges do crisp up in a delightful way.

1 Like

Oh good! Suddenly I’m craving cookies :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just saw this post. These are GREAT! And thanks for reminding me of them.

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/ginger-cookies.html

1 Like

I’m baking more cookies tonight. The kids get to pick the flavor and help make them so the XBOX can take a break.

2 Likes

I’m adding this recipe to my list.

I’ve purchased more flour in the last 5 weeks than I have in the last 3+ years combined.

1 Like

@js76wisco I kicked in a little bit more ginger for a spicier hit. This a great cookie with some coffee.

The secret to crisp cookies is using coconut oil. Or any other kind of vegetable shortening, if you eat other kinds. Penzey’s ginger is superior to most. Half teaspoon of dry mustard makes ginger taste stronger.