Good Times at Davey Wayne's. . .anyone been?

This looks like my kind of funky ass place. .
Anyone been?

www.yelp.com/biz/good-times-at-davey-waynes-los-angeles

:peace:

Went a couple times a year or two ago when it first opened. It’s OK as a novelty but likely not destination worthy.

I do recall the annoyance of them serving beer out of coffee mugs to try to be unique. It ended up being like 8-10 ounces of beer, which is kind of bs.

Frankly, I’m kind of surprised they’re still open. The crowd at the time was pretty trendy and I would have thought they all moved on.

2 Likes

Been twice and it’s pretty much a gimmick. It was fun for a coworker’s 80s themed birthday party but not the kind of place I’d go back to for a drink or to hang out with friends.

It was so packed the two times I went that you had to elbow your way through the crowd to get to the bar, the bathrooms, etc.

Oh and the whole “secret entrance” thing is a serious exaggeration. There’s usually a line or crowd outside, which means the secret is out. Feels more like a place for tourists than locals with loads of options.

1 Like

Its a popular place. Super busy and decently trendy if you’re into that kind of thing both times I’ve gone I had to wait in line and fight to get a drink, not really my scene anymore.

But it might be worth checking out if you’re in the area.

1 Like

Not into trendy, whatsoever, but it looks so funky, when in town, I’ll check it out.
Thanks!

Probably would of been fun when I was in my 20’s to put up with crap like that in a packed bar…beer served in coffee mugs…
Wonder if they still do that stupid stuff?

It’s fun to take people there. Been 3 times. I like No Vacancy also. I go when it’s not peak hours. Like pre-dinner cocktails.

1 Like