Good values in olive oil

Tips I got and follow for selecting Olive Oil:

• Cold or Expeller-pressed (not chemically)

• Should be in a dark bottle (lessens exposure to elements)

• Confident producers stamp the harvest date on their bottles.

• I probably got more tips but I forgot them.

I have so many oils it might require entering a 12-step program. Here are the 3 Olive in the cabinet at present.

The fruity, peppery, sharp, Arbequina is 100% California. The Everyday is a blend from different countries.

I :hearts: this Jenin Olive Oil. Bottle description says it all, especially the buttery part. It’s made with olives from a sort of cooperative of family farms in the agriculturally rich Canaan. I discovered it at Epicurus in N Hollywood. :slightly_smiling_face:

P.S. Cobram Estate 100% California Select sounds good. @butteredwaffles & @Wakko11. Is it mail-order only.

4 Likes

I find it at Erewhon!

1 Like

Close. Thanks!

1 Like

I get my Cobram and California Ranch from Walmart :grin:

3 Likes

I got my California Olive Ranch when I went to check out a Food4Less for the first time. The $9 Ralphs priced destination series was only $6 there.

1 Like

I just ordered the California olive ranch. Arbequina from Amazon.

2 Likes

So I was driving and passed by a Walmart Neighborhood Market and decided to check it out.

2 Likes

asides from making a distinction between olive oil you cook with vs. finishing aka a last second garnish, samin nosrat advocates a great value in olive oil available at… costco.

kirkland olive oil

the downside is that at 2 liters, one may not be able to use it all before it hits the end if its shelf life.

3 Likes

I have a 5L from Eataly for 40$ (on sale) excellent QPR! It’s going fast

2 Likes

It’s just two of us at home, and I’m pretty sure we go through two of those Kirkland jugs/year. And I also supplement w/ California Ranch (as a finishing EVOO), so we’re using more than just the Kirkland. It’s not hard to use them up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Olive oil really does go fast! I like that the Eataly ones come in metal tins. Bay Cities also has some large format EVOO. Don’t recall prices there though.

1 Like

My ralphs and vons have it never to the shitty one.

But I recently discovered that the $10 Costco CA certified olive oil tastes legit!

Regular 750s not that jug above

This one

2 Likes