Goodbye everyone

We booked an airbnb on the WA State coast for late July for the SEA fam to join us. But who knows at this point? They may use it part of the week and we the other part.

1 Like

No you couldnā€™t have. It was a really good post.
Itā€™s just a word and Iā€™m sure most of us got it. Nobody thought your child was yelling at you. Cath, if I were your kid I wouldnā€™t offer any advice unless you asked either and even thenā€¦

13 Likes

I miss police pursuits. :rotating_light:

Yesterday was a welcomed respite. Thanks to you, Mr. Failure To Yield Guy.

5 Likes

I canā€™t believe how quickly this devolved. I really donā€™t have time for this pettiness, not now. Especially on a food discussion board.

Contact me if you want to grab a drink or share a meal sometime. Best wishes to you and your loved ones.

3 Likes

How do we contact you ?

Our daughter knows far more about almost anything and everything - well, except most cooking ) - and I ask her advice regularly and follow it. I read a really good thing that Iā€™m not always really good at. Donā€™t offer unsolicited advice. I could go on and on.

OKAY BOOMER!

I always wanted to use that.

6 Likes

Oh gee thanksā€¦from a boomerā€¦

1 Like

Virtually, right?

Youā€™re most welcome.

What is it about these food message boards that attracts so much DRAMA!? Itā€™s really something else. Iā€™ll admit it is quite entertaining, but come on, people, get a grip.

One of my college professors used to say that the fights in academia were so vicious because the stakes were so low . . . But yeah that Alkiegourmand person was beyond annoying. If I wanted to hear claptrap from a person with no scientific background or medical training, I could just watch Trump on CNN. Meanwhile a first responder died today in New York. And I have two friends with diagnosed COVID-19, one of whom Iā€™m very worried about.

4 Likes

I think we need to step up our production of chill pills! :grin:

The internet is serious business.

2 Likes

Iā€™m on a travel board and all this here is chump change in comparison.

2 Likes

Yep! That is why Iā€™m all just give me the ignore function and Iā€™m all good. Iā€™ve been moderating message boards since even before Chowhoundā€™s scrolling board of death. Itā€™s always been like this on singular topic boards because passions run deep. Plus, folks seem to have a deeper sense of ownership about the content that is created on the board because wellā€¦ they create itā€¦

There used to be a horribly politically incorrect meme that still rings true to today on these type of spats and tantrums shown by otherwise good and well educated folks. So just deep breathā€¦ realize none of us owe anything to anyone and can leave at anytimeā€¦ We can come back at any time. We donā€™t owe any explanations and certainly donā€™t need any fake internet points to shore up our self worth.

Especially in times like these these coming and goings and spats are very irrelevant to 99% of the rest of our everyday livesā€¦ Stay safe everyone.

ā€“Dommy!

11 Likes

Can we close this thread and get back to talking about food?

Just an idea

6 Likes

Just seeing this after sleeping like a dead man after a marathon shift at work.

Saddened to see such division. I hope we can all reconcile our differences. Itā€™s enough to fight the goddamned virus.

20 Likes

Are you a 10-year old?

1 Like

To be fair, itā€™ s a food site. Chowhound was annoying because they would delete posts that went ever so slightly off-topic, but I havenā€™t seen that happen here. This site is fine.

[deleted for being too far off topic]