Great Meal @ AOC last night

Definitely angler!

Also some other good ones tesse, petit trios, Connie and teds, Jon and vinnys, Norah, Oste, son of a gun, and republique (although you just went).

Just had an amazing dinner at chi spacca although I was boycotting the place for a min

5 Likes

angler

4 Likes

Horses

2 Likes

horses x2

3 Likes

Whoa! Thanks to both! I’m the old Pikey spot too? Booked!

1 Like

yes

1 Like

The Boudin Basque was my personal highlight on my visit last week. Also the beans that came with the swordfish. They used to have beans as a standalone starter which were delicious

Marsala Custard is my favorite dessert and I loved the guava sorbet bellini

@PorkyBelly i tried ordering the persimmon w/ caramel but persimmons weren’t ready. So bummed about that lol

2 Likes

You’re talking about Horses there?

Yeah horses. I didn’t take any pictures though

Wait I took some dessert pics

Sheepsmilk cheesecake with grappa roasted pear

Guava Sorbet Bellini (the champagne sat a second before taking the picture but it was definitely full of bubbles and life)

3 Likes

sorry, turned into a jack… hope we have a Horses thread to migrate into

1 Like

Oh ha! I forgot this was an aoc thread

1 Like

Not last night (more like last month) but again, AOC delivered a fantastic experience.

AOC on West 3rd was one of the first memorable meals I had when I moved back to LA years ago, and while the food hasn’t changed much—consistency is a strong positive—and there are definitely more exciting places I’ve eaten, my friends and I always have a great time to the point where it’s become an accidental tradition that we eat there at least once a year.

This was a pre-holidays dinner and we finally hit for the cycle and were seated upstairs where we’d never dined before.

Farmer’s Plate & Charcuterie Board

As always, this is where we start, and like usual we’re subtly impressed.

Tomato Focaccia

I lobbied for the mushroom but was out voted. Nonetheless it was still a good choice.

Spanish Fried Chicken

Never ever make the mistake of ordering only one.

Roast Cauliflower

Still my favorite thing on the menu (that’s not fried chicken). An absolute banger.

Young Broccoli

Yes, even though we’re effectively ordering chicken nuggets we’re also grown ups so we eat our veggies too.

Short Rib

Super rich, tender, and a great way to make sure we were stuffed.

We’ll be back.

16 Likes

In beforetimes, I’d hang out at the bar for snacks and drinks. Always had cocktails to go with my fried chicken…never thought to be responsible and add veggies. Maybe next time.

3 Likes

I should probably start a new thread but too lazy.
Goin/Styne’s CALDO VERDE/ CARA CARA BAR is pretty fantastic right now as well.
We went last night.
First has a drink and excellent Piri Piri fried chicken upstairs then downstairs for dinner. Views are stunning.

SMALL PLATE OF SALTY FAVORITES - iberico ham, spanish anchovies, cracked aloreña olives - was great.

FRIED SUNCHOKES - PX sherry, scallion, sunflower seeds - my best bite of '22 - I know its early but unlikely to be knocked off.

Loved the Kale and Farro salad.

@LouisianaMouth says the Caldo verde is the best crab dish she’s had in LA. Wonderful linguiça too

6 Likes

warrior: peony and i really liked brunch at AOC today. the Moroccan chicken salad, turkey avocado sandwich, and broccoli burrata sandwich were all excellent – craveworthy good. peony will post pics later. in general, we’ve enjoyed brunch at AOC, and the patio is wonderful on a nice day, but our one dinner there was just okay.

peony: agree with Worrior! Below are the pictures:

Is this the WeHo location or the Brentwood one? I didn’t think the Brentwood location had a patio (although it does/did have sidewalk seating). For outdoor dining, I much prefer a patio to the sidewalk, so that’s I’m asking for clarification. :slight_smile:

Peony: @paranoidgarliclover It is a nice enclosed patio, not on the sidewalk. I feel they might’ve set up this patio for the outdoor dining during COVID.

Here is a picture of the patio :blush::

2 Likes

P.S. this is the one in West Hollywood :blush: @paranoidgarliclover

1 Like

Warrior: 5.2 Warrior Points

Peony: The food is enjoyable.

1 Like