Great Meal @ AOC last night

Good to hear these positive reviews. After a couple recent misses, looks like I need to give them another shot.

Hear, hearā€¦

2 Likes

Is that a star anise in the G&T?
All summer long I have been making a fresh rosemary and star anise G&T.
I copied it from one I had (with @J_L) at Otono when they first opened. A very delicious drink with a great bouquet.

2 Likes

Memories of the G&T menu at Coqueta in SF!!

1 Like

We learned in northern spain where they add a ton of aromatic spices, so just add whatever you haveā€¦ pimento, tons of rind, clove, star anise, mace.

2 Likes

Feeling totally out of touch and lost. Just booked AOC again for a friday evening due to lack of creativity. No, donā€™t want Bariā€¦ Animal closedā€¦ Mozzaplex pissing me offā€¦ almost threw my hands up and went for Carlitoā€™s for a steak and some vibesā€¦ Needs to be between AOC and Highlandā€¦ anywhere north of Wilshire. Something really tastyyyyyyyā€¦ Halp iā€™m

2 Likes

Definitely angler!

Also some other good ones tesse, petit trios, Connie and teds, Jon and vinnys, Norah, Oste, son of a gun, and republique (although you just went).

Just had an amazing dinner at chi spacca although I was boycotting the place for a min

5 Likes

angler

4 Likes

Horses

2 Likes

horses x2

3 Likes

Whoa! Thanks to both! Iā€™m the old Pikey spot too? Booked!

1 Like

yes

1 Like

The Boudin Basque was my personal highlight on my visit last week. Also the beans that came with the swordfish. They used to have beans as a standalone starter which were delicious

Marsala Custard is my favorite dessert and I loved the guava sorbet bellini

@PorkyBelly i tried ordering the persimmon w/ caramel but persimmons werenā€™t ready. So bummed about that lol

2 Likes

Youā€™re talking about Horses there?

Yeah horses. I didnā€™t take any pictures though

Wait I took some dessert pics

Sheepsmilk cheesecake with grappa roasted pear

Guava Sorbet Bellini (the champagne sat a second before taking the picture but it was definitely full of bubbles and life)

3 Likes

sorry, turned into a jackā€¦ hope we have a Horses thread to migrate into

1 Like

Oh ha! I forgot this was an aoc thread

1 Like

Not last night (more like last month) but again, AOC delivered a fantastic experience.

AOC on West 3rd was one of the first memorable meals I had when I moved back to LA years ago, and while the food hasnā€™t changed muchā€”consistency is a strong positiveā€”and there are definitely more exciting places Iā€™ve eaten, my friends and I always have a great time to the point where itā€™s become an accidental tradition that we eat there at least once a year.

This was a pre-holidays dinner and we finally hit for the cycle and were seated upstairs where weā€™d never dined before.

Farmerā€™s Plate & Charcuterie Board

As always, this is where we start, and like usual weā€™re subtly impressed.

Tomato Focaccia

I lobbied for the mushroom but was out voted. Nonetheless it was still a good choice.

Spanish Fried Chicken

Never ever make the mistake of ordering only one.

Roast Cauliflower

Still my favorite thing on the menu (thatā€™s not fried chicken). An absolute banger.

Young Broccoli

Yes, even though weā€™re effectively ordering chicken nuggets weā€™re also grown ups so we eat our veggies too.

Short Rib

Super rich, tender, and a great way to make sure we were stuffed.

Weā€™ll be back.

16 Likes

In beforetimes, Iā€™d hang out at the bar for snacks and drinks. Always had cocktails to go with my fried chickenā€¦never thought to be responsible and add veggies. Maybe next time.

3 Likes