Greek to Me

If you liked the food at Inotheke (which I considered to be the best Greek food on the Westside), the owner has reopened a more casual Greek restaurant called ELA Greek Eats a bit further South at the corner of Rose and Lincoln, in the mini-mall just across Rose from Whole Foods. The smaller space (3 tables and some stools along a counter) offers a more limited menu and is only open until 8 pm each day but is serving the same great food as at Inotheke, either to eat there or to go. I am particularly fond of the Moussaka and the Spanakopita, which remain every bit as good. While I miss the interesting selection of Greek wines Inotheke offered, I am glad to at least have some of the food available again.

4 Likes

in the space where the fancy bahn mi place was?

Yes, I believe so.

@SpockSpork and I noticed it ~1 wk ago and were wondering if there was any intel. Thanks for the info! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the intel - Inotheke was a favorite and I’ll rush to try ELA and to say hi to Carolos.

The lamb meatballs with orzo

3 Likes

And how was the taste? :slight_smile:

very good, 14$. good lamb flavor. not overly heavy the orzo was well cooked and flavorful. my only criticism would be that it is constructed more like a share plate at a sit down restaurant rather than something to get as a one off for lunch. kinda wanted something green or pickled.

definitely want to try more of the menu though

1 Like