Group dinner south Orange County help

This Saturday we have a group of 12 with age range from 2 to 102 and I want to be able to give some suggestions to our hosts who are new to the area and may not have made any plans yet.

Looking at opentable for 5pm reservations I am thinking Puesto may work? Any other places I should be calling? Closer to Mission Viejo/RSM the better. Not somewhere too upscale/serene as we have multiple toddlers.

My cousins live in the area, and they frequent Carmelita’s (Mexican) and The Blind Pig (gastropub). We’ve never been to either with them.
We’re members at Rancho Capistrano Winery in SJC by the train station. The wines are different from what we usually drink, but we find them good. They also have a lovely outdoor patio with entertainment all throughout the month of August. The food there is really good, too…sandwiches, salads, pizzas, pastas…just don’t get the anything with grilled shrimp…those always get overcooked. It’s pretty casual, and on a summer evening…it’s one of our favorite places to go to. Reservations highly recommended.
If all else fails, Cucina Enoteca in Irvine is always a good fallback for us in the area.

1 Like

I like Puesto, so second that thought.

Another possibily is Cucino Entoteca.

Thanks for the ideas but the host wound up deciding on BJs. The one in RSM had a very good tap list.

Playground