Gucci Osteria da Massimo Bottura

damn bruh… got me envious

3 Likes

I am normally not a big “presentation” person, but that dish looks so beautifully done that I might be willing to forgive it, even if it tasted like cardboard.

Glad to hear that the food overall is very good.

2 Likes

I’m tired of my shitty plating, I need to hire some pros.

2 Likes

Or just be like me, and “be one” w/ shitty plating. :smiley:

On a totally random note, I remember there was one contestant on MasterChef Canada (I think) awhile back, and I was totally amazed at how an amateur was able to learn to plate so beautifully…

1 Like

using beautiful ceramics is half the battle.

3 Likes

Warrior: We hadn’t been here before because it always shows as fully booked on Resy, but I finally realized you have to make reservations on their website. For me, this is by far the best Italian restaurant in LA. Outstanding execution and ingredients, good creativity, Instagrammable. Every dish receives high marks from me. Service was great. Didn’t look at the wine list. 7.7 Warrior Points.

Not pictured below is the insalata di mare, which was exquisite.

4 Likes

On Wednesday, March 8th, Gucci Osteria welcomes world-renowned Chef Massimo Bottura to join Head Chef Mattia Agazzi for a one-night exclusive dinner, available with first access to Global Dining Access by Resy members, at Gucci Osteria Beverly Hills. From 6pm-9pm, the dinner will be one seating featuring a 6-course tasting menu that showcases a combination of dishes inspired by the culinary creativity of Mattia Agazzi and his mentor, three-Michelin-star Chef Massimo Bottura. This is the first time that Chef Massimo Bottura will be cooking at the Gucci Osteria Beverly Hills location. Valet parking will be complimentary for all ticketed attendees.

2 Likes

Someone take unverified Max just for the review.

2 Likes

Sold out already. Only $500, what a steal.

When @PorkyBelly posted the link an hour ago, there were 9 tickets left. And apparently the presale for AMEX cardholders was on 2/24, so tickets have been sitting for days. Point being, Porky sold those last 9 tix, they should offer him commission. Second point, there are a lot of uber rich people who browse this site (but we all already knew that).

4 Likes

Only $500 to eat the first food cooked in the restaurant by the chef it’s named after. Who could resist?

2 Likes

i accept payments in the form of iwashi toast

8 Likes

This stood out to me too. Didn’t he do a big PR swing through LA when it opened a few years ago? But somehow didn’t touch a pan in the kitchen of a restaurant with his name on it?

Sergio better be working the line this time around.

Does he even with the line at Francescana?

1 Like

Encouraged by the Eater LA report from today

3 Likes
1 Like

Considering Francescana wasn’t even the best meal we had the day we went, despite Resy’s recs, thinking this is still a “Pass”

Those aren’t Resy’s recommendations, they’re the chef’s.

Ahh, I misread … though my point still remains. Unless you want to treat :wink: