Guilty Pleasures

Carneys chili dog is my favorite in town right now on the current fucked up scene.

Rip WF and Rubin’s

1 Like

IKEA meatballs.

hangs head in shame

Why ???

Supposed.y is a gourmet one.

Me too…no shame here.

2 Likes

I agree w/ Weiner—no shame in ikea meatballs. That’s one of the best parts about dealing with the hordes there—a meatball break.

2 Likes

kevin have you tried larrys in burbank yet?

at least as good as carneys, probably, although
i havent had carneys in a dogs age.
turkey dogs good, too, as is the bfast burrito.

When The Stand in Encino used to have $1 hot dogs or $2.50 premium hot dogs on Mondays, I’d get one of each (do they still do that)? Scooping up the toppings that had fallen off w/ the homemade chips was great.

When Rubio’s used (or maybe still does?) have $1 fish tacos Tuesdays, I was a regular. Still really like their fish burritos (but can’t eat them b/c I literally fall asleep a few hrs later).

The baked ziti at Maria’s is awfully satisfying…

1 Like

Rubio’s still does Tuesday Tacos…$1.50 after 2:30 pm for their original fish taco.

1 Like

Have you tried their new veggie meatballs? They are EXCELLENT!! I am going to use them in a Falafel type prep soon. :smiley:

–Dommy!

3 Likes

Yep. And they improved the fish taco a few years back. Actually they have one of my favorite fast food lunches. Their Blackened Tilapia bowl with green salsa. I then dump a ton of their smokey red salsa and eat it with their thin chips and a green tea Honest T… Better than ANYTHING at Chipotle.

–Dommy!

3 Likes

I was there for $1 dog night in Encino about a month ago and it’s really is a great deal though its tough to get topping creative unless you like your onions and relish 5 ways :laughing: . I just saw them promoting it – “Dollar dog night in Encino + $4.50 for a 20oz Stand Blonde Ale”

2 Likes

Do they no longer offer the “premium” (or something like that?) hot dog for $2.50. You used to get quite a few more toppings w/ that. =)

I was also in my early 20’s at the time, so I wasn’t as picky about toppings as I am now. :wink:

Oh, gosh, 20 oz is be too big! I’m a total lightweight; 2 sips is plenty of me… :wink:

LOL! You know what, I was too busy focused on making the dollar stretch (I love me a good deal – it’s in my blood) to really notice… but come to think of it they may have had the $2.50 deal.

Almost forgot The Hat’s Pastrami Chili Cheese Fries that feeds an entire family and then some…

4 Likes

7-11 nachos. Because you can top them with UNLIMITED amounts of cheese.

Did you know you can also squeeze yellow goo, diced onions, jalapeños, and other goodies from the nacho bar on their pizzas?

Just from what I’ve heard, of course …

3 Likes

Egg tarts.

From anywhere.

It’s just pure pleasure. Guilt-free.

2 Likes

I have not, but I obviously need to! Thanks!

I’ll also add Popeyes as one of my guilty pleasures, since that’s the only fast food I eat.

2 Likes

Arby’s beef n cheddar and horsey sauce.

And those potato cakes doused in horsey sauce.

Sonic butterfinger blast.

1 Like

I’ll join you in both RIPs. I really miss Rubin’s buffalo wings.