Happy Chanukah! (With an extra salute to Kevin)

FTC folks,

Happy Chanukah!

Even with just the two of us, I made latka’s from scratch at home. Hand grated the potato and onion. Soaked and drained. (The potato, not the onion.) Mixed. Fried. Blotted. Served with homemade applesauce, sour cream and a Costco chicken (cuz I needed protein in case my new cooking method didn’t work…)

It all worked out dandy and tasty. But I swear… It was all made possible knowing - I didn’t HAVE to do it, I could always go downtown and get the fab latkas (they call them smashed latkas) at The Must. http://www.themust.com

Very freeing. Very. Plus now we have leftovers. Yay!

And as she typed into the night “Happy fried foods to you all, happy fried foods tonight!”

4 Likes

I did a solo first night @ home. Roast chicken + latkas + wine (no pic of those)

2 Likes

Yay you!

1 Like

had to take the menorah pic to send to the folks :slight_smile:
(they spent the day baking mandel bread and were blowing up my phone w/ texts & photos)

1 Like

LAgirl -

So here’s the funny thing.

What all my friends and work associates have come to hope for, for Xmas? Mandlebread. I have to start baking weeks in advance.

Speaking of which… Shoot. I think I am behind schedule…

3 Likes

That is really, really funny. My folks and both sisters were baking simultaneously @ their own homes (Tucson, Woodland Hills + Anaheim Hills) texting baking tips and photos for hours (unfortunately I was in on the text chain) for the exact same reason as you----everybody’s friends and family now expect to get mandel bread this time of year. I think the saying goes something like: “be careful what you become good at because you will be doing it all the time”.

do you have an elementary schooler at home? just curious.

1 Like

Weinermobile,

I’ll see your menorah and raise you a superhero “discussion” -

In our house we avoid such violence - it’s both.

1 Like

1 Like

BTW…where the hell is Kevin?

maybe kevin has an actual job (unlike me)?

Maybe Kevin had a potato shredding incident, and must stay off the computer until his wounds heal.

My friend told me his family was doing latkas to go with their pork chops. Hilarious.

3 Likes

that is a very good question…he’s been MIA since before turkey day…

Maybe he went back to the special place where they breed unicorn Kevins? To visit?

But I think they’d have wifi…

Pfff you guys still believe in Kevin??

You know your parents made him up, right???

ATANFJ

Maybe he broke the fuck meter .

1 Like