Harbor House Inn

Did you get the maitake tempura on your second night of dinner and squash blossom on the first night?

2 Likes

I had maitake both nights. I would have that course multiple times a night if they let me. The mushroom broth is the most comforting thing!

Here is the menu of the two back to back nights. I’ll sort thru some photos and post it up.

I have photos for HH food for most seasons if you need a full updates for dining room, in room or lunch, etc. The menu is always changing so none of my meal has ever been identical and the HH team is forever the best people in my life :two_hearts:

2 Likes

@PorkyBelly We both have the same Pixel phone but all your documentation in the dining room put my photos to shame! I need to do a better job next time. Any tips for the dark lighting and random shadow in the dining hall?

We dined there in November and had the same great experience as most of the folks here. My wife asked about the little Michelin statue on the mantel and they explained that they received it as part of their first Michelin star award and they placed it on our table for the duration of our dinner :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

unverified max

He almost makes me want to eat there.

Harbor House is really something special. It feels like time stops when you’re there, and there is nothing to focus on except the location itself (which is breathtakingly beautiful) and well, the food of course. There were a lot of aspects of the dinner that reminded me of Hayato, which isn’t a huge surprise considering Chef Matt is good friends with Brandon. Service and the whole HH team is top notch. I took a half day trip to Fort Bragg, which was really nice. I stopped at North Coast Brewing Co. and the harbor for some Fort Bragg uni and crab meat.

Highlights for me were the abalone (the best abalone I’ve ever had), the squab, and the broths made with dashi.

9 Likes