Have you ever met a FTC/CH randomly?

little jewel.

GT

and of course the iconic GCM.

Correct.

1 Like

Solid. .

I was on a food crawl back in my CH days, it was fun to meet up with other posters. What a plesant experience.

Name the posters that you met up with on the food crawl…curious minds want to know?
Where did you go on this so called food crawl?
:rooster:

sat a few seats down from porthos at a highly regarded japanese restaurant.

1 Like

we did one meal at flavor garden when daveMP came down from the bay area. i didn’t realize that we were violating some sort of CH restriction at the time, but since dave was/is on the CH staff i guess they couldn’t complain.

What restriction? People on the SF board posted all the time about meals they had together. There was a rule against organizing events on the board, so people used some off-board mailing list or something.

Not random at all, but I actually organized a Chowmeet at Clusi Batusi (RIP) once not-too-long ago. Even the (in?)famous Bacoman was there!

2 Likes

we did this all through the board.

Against the rules, but CBS employees don’t have to worry about those.

well, that was kinda the point

So, when is the next or first FTC get together?

Maybe if the La Barbera pop-up doesn’t fall through…

1 Like

That was a LOVELY meal. I still dream about the pappardelle (I think that’s what he called it, although it looked more a lasagna to me)… So sad that place is gone (although I find it to be a bit of poetic justice that the Lemonade barely has any business at dinnertime! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

1 Like

At the Marisco Chente in Mar Vista, I found out afterwards there was another CH at the next table. We both posted about it afterwards.

I have not. In my career I’ve had the chance to meet several of my idols: About 50/50 wonderful/depressing. So I’ve avoided CH meetups. But I’m trying to get out more.

Ballers.

Really? I didnt even know!

Which was the fucking highly regarded joint ???

A great meet ???

heh. i’m stealthy like that. like a double nought spy.