Hayato - ROW DTLA

The orizume is a substantial amount of food. I was not able to adequately polish off my half. A chowpup needed to come in for the assist.

7 Likes

I often wonder what percentage of Hayato’s business comes from us FTCers? ;-D

10 Likes

Amazing how the orizume is the FTC equivalent of lining up for a PS5 / toilet paper at Costco. FTC squad pandemic-proof.

I did check out of curiosity at like 10:10, but knew that was fruitless. Excited to hear back from everyone. Out of the 60+ orders available I would not be surprised if more than 33% of that was from FTC.

12 Likes

I didn’t try for any this month since I’ll be out of LA until January, but I can only imagine it will be more competitive next month. Let’s hope some people are slow to recover on New Years :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

This is most definitely true. I’ve also noticed there’s a number of foodies on IG that are Hayato regulars and some of those have been promoting the Orizume. Between them and FTC folk, that’s probably over half the slots lol.

6 Likes

I hope my beta testing contributes to an even more outstanding final retail product. The things I endure… ;-D

7 Likes

Lol I missed the PS5 but at least I have an Orizume to look forward to.

My best friend was able to get a ps5 but like an idiot doesn’t live in LA so misses out on all the Hayato drops.

6 Likes

Taking the chocolate chip cookie quest on the road?

2 Likes

At least you can enjoy the orizume. The PS5 doesnt even have any games worth playing like most launch consoles.

4 Likes

I’ve banked some for another update that requires a write up, but there might be a couple ringers from up north making appearances :shushing_face:

3 Likes

So true lol!! He has an lg cx or some other 2.1 tv and said ghosts of tsushima looks incredible in 4k60. He’s having fun with demons souls and the new gauntlets of strength in Sekiro too.

1 Like

I am so bummed that I picked a Sunday to pick up the Hayato bento box because Fat N Flour is closed on Sunday. Ok I know 1st world problems but still. Very poor planning on my part. Will need to make up for this oversight at Sonoratown, PRD and Superfine.

5 Likes

or try holy basil DTLA

6 Likes

Oh thanks for the reminder. We haven’t had good Thai in a while. Adding to the list maybe in place of PRD since I’ve been there a bunch.

3 Likes

if you’re looking for sweets, ototo is open sundays

https://www.ototola.shop/ototo-aozora

2 Likes

I’m having a special night for 4 people, though orizume may not be enough for all of us. What other food do you think will be great to eat with this special (birthday) dinner?

I’m thinking of picking up a bit of food from Orsa & Winston’s General Store at 5:30pm.

2 Likes

I’d keep it simple and stick to miso soup and maybe some salad. I wouldn’t want to pick flavors that stray too far way from Hayato. Dessert would be a fine idea since orizume “dessert” items aren’t really dessert. A sake from the menu would be superb.

2 Likes

kaneyoshi

10 Likes

True baller reply here.

PXs