Hayato - ROW DTLA

Most significant restaurant news of 2022
giphy

10 Likes

fun! One of my good friends (Victor) was there last night too. Posted a similar pic of Yuki. Good crowd!!

4 Likes

yep fun night, your name came up a couple times :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

something I should know about?

3 Likes

Fuuuudge.

3 Likes

early summer menu with @hppzz out on his cheat meal.

sakizuke - live santa barbara spot prawns, tosazu jelly, shiso blossoms

agemono (kakiage tempura) - brentwood corn, mitsuba, hokkaido scallop

(new) hyogo prefecture aji, nori tsukudani, udo, fava beans

(new) yaki nasu, shredded ginger, dashi

shinogi - kasugodai bozushi, shiso rice, lemon, salt, green yuzu, wasabi

owan - oregon dungeness crab suimono, kani miso, kabu, dashi

sashimi - seared hatsu katsuo, ginger, chives, myoga, salt

ezgif.com-gif-maker (64)

sake steamed abalone, abalone stock cubes, abalone liver sauce, wasabi

animal style

binchotan grilled hokkaido kinki, binchotan roasted maui onion

the best damn fish dish in the city, i said it.

https://thinknews.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Drake_In_My_Feelings_(thinkNews.com.ng).mp3

https://ftcsfo3digitaloceanspaces.b-cdn.net/uploads/default/original/3X/2/5/253ece50d29272ffdec045c8745c2119d1a6261b.gif

(new) hamo katsu

McHamo?

nabe - amadai, mizuna, fiddlehead ferns, shiitake mushrooms, tokyo negi

chinmi - karasumi

beautiful example of kintsugi
stolen from @hppzz

nagasaki nodoguro and kinome gohan, miso soup, cucumber, turnip, myoga, hojicha tea

one of these things is not like the others :thinking:

x3*

*artificially deflated because of brandon’s discriminatory serving technique.

harry’s berries gaviota strawberries, kinako whipped cream

uji sencha

ken’s top notch white nectarines

matcha

yuki’s wasanbon

fin

ezgif.com-gif-maker (63)

a bang bang with kato was perfect

amazake swizzle

sea urchin donut, iberico ham, brown butter

boba, boniato yam, cheese

23 Likes

Only @chrishei has cheat meals :crazy_face:… except with me :smiling_face_with_tear:

The ceramics is a major part of the enjoyment at hayato. He’s just as passionate with it as it he is with the food. each vessel has a story.

8 Likes

Love it. :blush:

1 Like

Going tonight! Super exciting as it has been exactly one year since our last visit to Hayato.

6 Likes

a kato hayato bang bang would be perfect.

2 Likes

IF I get out of the office early enough and the traffic is not murderous (it had been ok this week), definitely have aspirations for at least a cocktail at Kato before Hyato. Doubt I will have it in me to do Kato after Hayato.

1 Like

kato will be closed by the time you’re done with hayato so you don’t have to worry about that.

1 Like

Just to be clear, is everybody using bots for Tock reservations now? Signed on at 10AM for the last 2mo release and everything was gone in literally one second. Only way I’ve been able to get a legit seat there is waitlisting + mentioning I work in industry.

I suspect some are, I noticed they put this disclaimer on their tock page recently. also it doesn’t help that there’s an extremely low supply to begin with 7 seats x 5 nights a week x 4 = 140 seats a month. I think only sawa at 6 seats a night has less.

The use of bots, scripts, and alternative methods of booking reservations is a violation of the Tock Terms of Use, and individuals who engage in such activity will have their reservation cancelled and permanently restricted.

1 Like

I also blame @lafoodie

4 Likes

Driving is too costly for me to go anywhere.

Also my thumbs are fast. I probably won’t be heading out to LA unless Bento comes back

1 Like

It’s virtually impossible to get a res. I’ve been on right as they release for the last 6 months and haven’t even whiffed a single seat let alone a pair of seats.

1 Like

I highly suspect they don’t actually care. They get paid either way, right? Even if they are banning accounts, you could just make a new email address/Google phone number/etc. and keep doing it.

I also wonder how much of the reservation book is being taken up by semi-regulars who don’t have to book through the Tock dinner bell? Seems like there are people dining there many times a year.

2 Likes

My friend, who’s known Brandon fairly intimately since he was just doing bento boxes, cannot get a reservation outside of Tock now. Best he can do is get on waitlist with priority–which, like Tock–is limited to two guests. Only time I got in recently was due to good graces.

They won’t allow you to privately book the entire bar for a premium. It’s a fair idea–trying to let as many people experience the restaurant as possible, but the Tock system itself is very fucked.

1 Like