Hayato - ROW DTLA

Is he taking reservations for 4 or is it just up to 2 ppl per reservation now?

This.

1 Like

Like many of the seafood Hayato prepares, the sawara is seasonal. And heā€™s currently sourcing it from http://ainosawara.com/ which is a fishing collective in Kita-Kyushu dedicated to line caught sawara. Ikejime and shinkeijime are done on board each ship.

7 Likes

Guys we are so busted. I ordered my sake in a wine glass. At the end of the meal the lovely female assistant asked me something to the effect of:

ā€œAre you on FoodTalkCentral? I was reading a list of 40 something on there today and drinking sake out of a wine glass was on thereā€

8 Likes

A few people openly discuss their FTC status while dining there.

3 Likes

Who makes those crazy lists, anyways?

7 Likes

Ha thatā€™s funny!

I hope you followed the first two rules of food talk central:

1. You do not talk about food talk central
  2. You do not talk about food talk central

13 Likes

We should hit them up about doing an FTC night where they block off an evening for 7 of us.

Or even an evening where they practice service with the private table as well!

7 Likes

See you guys next month for ressies! Couldnā€™t get any this time around

1 Like

Got mine.

3 Likes

They went fast this month

2 Likes

I think that sort of buy out is reserved for industry people at this time.

1 Like

Apparently there are lots of dropped bars of FTC soap all overā€¦

Forgot to tell you that one time I went to Sushi Yoshizumi, chef asked me about Hayato way before I came down for my first visit, apparently a SY regular who also lurks here told Akira san about your SY OOE omakase post so he learned of FTC that way, and chef also showed me your Hayato FTC post when we were talking about Hayato. No worries his comment was ā€œlooks good!!ā€ :grin:.

Donā€™t worry your secret is safe with everyone out there from whatever you write and review! :smile:

4 Likes

If only she asked if you were Porkyboy or Moonbelly :smile:

6 Likes

hilarious. i keep telling brandon he needs to try yoshizumi when heā€™s up there.

Oh you padawansā€¦

This! I would move mountains in order to change my schedule to accommodate this. I wonder if Chef Go would be game for thisā€¦

2 Likes

I know right. I wonder if the right person (or we all on a group email) asked and we paid up front heā€™d be down.

Yeah he mentioned inviting his purveyors so they could understand what he was trying to accomplish as he said he had a hard time getting the specific product he wanted.

4 Likes

He doesnā€™t do special treatment for celebs/agents/so-called-influencers so good luck to yā€™all. If it goes badly, you may just get banned.*worst case scenario outcome of course

2 Likes