Hayato - ROW DTLA

i think he upped it to 4 this month.

1 Like

put myself on the waitlist. hope it works out somehow.

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t even get that far! Gone, gone, gone! But I know what I did wrong and my strategy for next time!

1 Like

I wish you luck. I put myself on a waitlist on a Sat that didnā€™t have Orizume times.

The would be the best date for me as everybody is free.

1 Like

Congrats to all who participated in the F5 race today.

5 Likes

I Fā€™ing hate f5 races but It Is What It Is (IIWII)

1 Like

I volunteer @lafoodie as FTC tribute to the games.

2 Likes

I tried both simultaneously.

Refreshed both at 10am on the dot ā€” App showed time slots instantly, browser needed an additional refresh to show anything.

Definitely recommend the app.

5 Likes

It turns out that the date I got the orizume is on my friendā€™s birthday!

Heā€™s in for a surprise.

I was aiming for a Saturday, but this is a neat coincidence!

2 Likes

Itā€™s possible some Saturdays are already pre-booked for folks already on the Hayato list. Thatā€™s why there were dates not available as expected.
Iā€™m super excited for all the folks who got in. Canā€™t wait to see your impressions.

2 Likes

I would like to call dibs on anybody who cannot make their Orizume reservation in December. I shall paypal, Venmo, wire, fax or messenger pigeon the money ASAP. I will also throw in a can of Monkish and a slice of mango passionfruit pie from Republique in 2021.

10 Likes

I, too, am open to taking orizume reservations for anyone who canā€™t make theirs.

Also, does anyone know how much overlap, if any, there is between the bento and orizume?

2 Likes

For you?
Or for the kid that you have reported as believing that Hayato is available whenever the urge is there?

11 Likes

I would like to promote @js76wisco in his appeal.
In the beforetimes, I and some friends were able to enjoy a Friday night dinner at Majordomo thanks to a donated reservation from @js76wisco.

10 Likes

Haha it would be for the whole family. Iā€™d order a nice bottle of sake. Iā€™d buy a well done Superfine pizza beforehand and try to fill the kids up with carbs so they donā€™t eat too much of the Orizume.

16 Likes

The orizume is a substantial amount of food. I was not able to adequately polish off my half. A chowpup needed to come in for the assist.

7 Likes

I often wonder what percentage of Hayatoā€™s business comes from us FTCers? ;-D

10 Likes

Amazing how the orizume is the FTC equivalent of lining up for a PS5 / toilet paper at Costco. FTC squad pandemic-proof.

I did check out of curiosity at like 10:10, but knew that was fruitless. Excited to hear back from everyone. Out of the 60+ orders available I would not be surprised if more than 33% of that was from FTC.

12 Likes

I didnā€™t try for any this month since Iā€™ll be out of LA until January, but I can only imagine it will be more competitive next month. Letā€™s hope some people are slow to recover on New Years :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

This is most definitely true. Iā€™ve also noticed thereā€™s a number of foodies on IG that are Hayato regulars and some of those have been promoting the Orizume. Between them and FTC folk, thatā€™s probably over half the slots lol.

6 Likes