Help me book something now that Barbuto is closed

Whatever comes to mind will work. Italian, French, new am will work.

You need to be more preside re: exactly what you are looking for. Barbuto was famous for its chicken, so perhaps a place that serves superb chicken? Other menu items? Also, a price range, excluding beverages, tax, and tip, would be helpful.

A restaurant as good as Barbuto in that price range

You could say Dirty French, Diner or Benoit for example

Benoit is one of our favorites. Had one dinner at Dirty French and hated it.

Augustine is another favorite. Interestingly, when Chef Markus Glocker took over helming the kitchen, he added several delicious Austrian dishes to the French menu. (Note: He’s still chef/partner at Bâtard.)

augustineny.com

Had lunch a few weeks ago at the recently reopened Pastis and thought the food was excellent.

pastisny.com

1 Like

Via Carota
Buvette

1 Like

thanks that looks lovely! usually a solid wait i’m guessing?

Is there any old school little italy restaurant left that one might visit and enjoy the classics really well made?

“Is there any old school little italy restaurant left that one might visit and enjoy the classics really well made?”

NO. There is nothing good in Little Italy and hasn’t been for at least a decade. I dislike Italian American food so am not a good resource on that. But I do know, Little Italy is a gross tourist trap. Take a look at Rubirosa in NoLita or there is Carbone which is a modern-ish take on the old classics.

1 Like

Not in Little Italy (its in the West Village) and I haven’t been in awhile, but I always liked Piccolo Angolo.

2 Likes

Also not in Little Italy: Forlini’s, Villa Mosconi, Emilio’s Ballato.

But if you HAVE TO go to Little Italy for some reason, Parm is good.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this place back up. I ended up booking it for a group friday dinner. Hoping the friday Bouillabaisse special is nice

We’ve only managed to go that one time. I hope you and your group enjoy Pastis and the bouillabaisse is to your liking. Please report back.

So Pastis was super fun. Ridiculously loud but that’s what our group wanted out of a Friday night. Food was great but bouillabaisse special was criminally over salted. Confirmed with my friend who got same dish

Thanks for reporting back! Glad you and your group enjoyed Pastis. Too bad about the over salted bouillabaisse. Even though you were ok with the noise level, I avoid restaurants with hideously high noise levels like the proverbial plague no matter how terrific the food may be. We haven’t been back yet, but when we do, we’ll go for a late lunch as we did the first time when it isn’t as busy, and the noise level is tolerable.

It’s a nightclub at night. But we had a good time.

Mono was probably favorite restaurant of this trip.

Is that Casa Mono? And what are the dishes in the photos?

Yes. Croquettas, razor clam, fabada (sort of), confit goat. Sorry I’m bad at writing up away from keyboard

Good news for you and all of us in Manhattan:

2 Likes

So is it worth checking out? Never got a chance to try it prior to closing

great news.

It is not yet re-opened so I don’t know anything about its reincarnation. I liked the vibe and food of the old location very much. It was the de facto Industria cafeteria.

1 Like