Help me plan a USC-adjacent eating itinerary

I’m heading to the Festival of Books this weekend (4/22-4/23), and am looking for places within a half-mile-ish of USC for food and drink before, in between, and after sessions. No food or price restrictions – I’d just like it to be within a leisurely 20-minute walk from the campus perimeter.

Small, quick bites would be ideal. Grab-and-go or casual sit-and-eat is fine.

If there will be vendors at the event that you recommend, that’s fine too, but I’m not super-into crowded festival-atmosphere dining. I’m more interested in finding respite and refreshing my brain in between thinky-thinky stuff.

Any quiet and relaxing places to grab tea would be a bonus, on or off-campus.

Thanks!

bang bang at holbox and chichen itza. Revolutionario is another option

7 Likes

I’m curious if the Mainland Chinese food trucks operate on weekends. No place to sit, though.

http://www.laweekly.com/restaurants/chinese-food-trucks-around-usc-8079018

2 Likes

This has to be one of the best AND easiest bang-bangs in Los Angeles.

1 Like

We live n the neighborhood. For Coffee and Lemon Tea, Ignatius cafe can be found just southwest of the corner of Adams and Vermont behind Saint Agnes. It is run by Korean nuns who roast their own beans. The setting is a lovely Victorian Gingerbread House

West on Adams till you almost get to Normandie is Revolutionario Tacos. yes it is a little farther than you might want to walk but it is worth it.

The aforementioned Mercado de Paloma has wonderful stuff as well.

1 Like

+1 for Igatius Cafe.

Also, if you’re there, stop by at Jesse’s Camarones Restaurant for some ceviche and shrimp tacos, or Himalayan House for some strangely addictive garlic naan.

2 Likes

Also, how I could forget Revolutionario Tacos.

2 Likes