Herb & Wood

This is what I was referring to in my June post. Looks nice. Great concept. Just opened, according to Eater.

Had dinner there Tuesday night at 6:45. They were busy, but not crazy or noisy. Great meal from start to finish! The chicken liver toast with bitter greens was luscious. Velvety smooth liver pate on substantial grainy bread. The greens were a fine contrast to the rich liver and a relatively good value. We both loved our entrees: gnocchi with oxtail ragu was delicate with a nice citrus note to the light sauce–only criticism is that it was somewhat skimpy. The venison loin with roasted dates and creamy polenta was also yummy. Again the sauce was intriguing. Dessert blew us away. The pear souffle was a beautiful classic assembled table-side with caramel ice cream and lavender creme fraiche. If you love black pepper and thyme, don’t miss trying a scoop of their house-made ice cream. It was outstanding–the flavors crisp and fresh. We are looking for an excuse to go again soon.

2 Likes

We just went there for a group dinner from the folks at the conference my husband was attending. The din of the room was so loud that real conversation is impossible. It was so unpleasant. Definitely not a place I would return to.