Hidden risks of outdoor dining

I actually read that it’s the other way around. Let me dig it up.

1 Like

Does anyone know if it is required for a restaurant in LA County to shut down for cleaning when discovering a diagnosed case among employees?

More opinion “data” points…

Conclusion: Need more research.

2 Likes

Good articles, thanks. You’re right. So much we don’t know about this :microbe:.

Also, this ad popped up in the NBC article:

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:. There are some things you can’t unsee.

2 Likes

Delete

When I was in the bay area, I saw a lady stopped when she was only wearing a face shield getting off the ferry. Many places don’t see face shield alone as adequate protection for the reason the article notes, droplets can get in and out through the open side and underneath areas.

–Dommy!

1 Like

It reflects what you might’ve been Googling or stuff you talked about that was picked up by your phone’s mic. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You think?

#TOTO
:toilet:

3 Likes

The unnamed restaurant has since closed to the public. I guess pending public health official’s approvals.

1 Like

Cigarette smoking deaths per year in U.S.: 480,000. Fast Facts | Fact Sheets | Smoking & Tobacco Use | CDC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDmSl9uQ7sY&feature=youtu.be

And now do infection rate of cigarette smoking (you are doing unscientific what-aboutism at its best - and don’t forget about her emails)

7 Likes

Face sheilds won’t do anything to stop virus particles an infected person is breathing out or an uninfected person is breathing in. They’re theater.

Some people believe CV can enter through the eyes, and this has led to more and more frontline medical staff adding face shields to their masks if they weren’t already doing so. I don’t think the research to date is conclusive.

Oh, we had totally been looking at that when we were wondering at the beginning of the pandemic when the f%ck we were going to ever find toilet paper again. :frowning:

And, yes, I know, TMI.

If a sick person coughs or sneezes in your eyes, sounds plausible, but outside, not close to customers, no way.

After driving along the beach today in San Diego, it seems an overwhelming majority of folks aren’t concerned about getting CV at all, much less about whether to wear face shields. We are doomed.

To quote the great Brady Sluder of Florida:

1 Like

Lol . Later dude

Generally accepted by the medical professionals in my life that yes, you can get it through mucus membranes in your eyes.

Face shields required in COVID units.

4 Likes