HK style breakfast and lunch/Marukai Market Mashup/KTown Kimbap...come along!

Oh my. Perfect. I bow.

4 Likes

Stay tuned Sugar Cane juice lovers I got a place in Little Saigon that will blow your mind.

I’ll be working all weekend, but I promise you next week I’ll do a full review.

Alright alright

Thuan Thoi in Garden Grove, go now!!!

And on the same stretch you got the best pho, spring roll, duck noodle, crepe, and broken rice

2 Likes

And the blue face coward moderator conviently ignores post #8.

Calm down. I seem to recall you were pretty rude to me and wouldn’t let it go when I disagreed with you about a bar. People disagree all the time, don’t make it personal.

1 Like

I have a problem when it is done in a snobbish way. See blue faces first response.

I don’t slam on someone’s favorite place.

I personally see no problem, on a food chat board, when Poster A expresses that they don’t like another poster’s (Poster B) fav place. I especially see no problem when poster A didn’t make it all personal.

I do see a problem when Poster B starts making personal attacks and turns to name-calling. I certainly don’t agree w/ everything that @ipsedixit writes, but, if you don’t like what he has to say, then just ignore his posts (the old-fashioned way, by simply skipping over them manually) . ::shrug::

As far as it being “snobbish”… We are on a food board. It’s kind of all first-world problems. One could very easily argue that very existence of such a board (regardless of the tone of the content) is “snobbish.” Even if you’re eating a taco, it’s a luxury to have the time to snap a photo and write a post about it. And I’m glad to be able to have such a luxury, so… :slight_smile:

I personally really like your reviews and appreciate your contributions (as I’m sure many other posters do). No need to attack others (especially when others explain their opinions, even if you don’t agree). There’s enough space on the board for an infinite number of differing opinions expressed in an infinite number of different ways (assuming it doesn’t bump our bandwidth usage into a higher cost range).

Just my 2 cents…

3 Likes

and here, to totally bring 'round another dead topic, is the perfect opportunity for the word ‘squick’.

While, sure, this is a food board and a lot of ironic shaming goes on (hey, I made a crack about Olive Garden and someone else defended them! OLIVE GARDEN!) talking about comfort food and such gets personal sometimes, even when we don’t anticipate it. And someone else slagging it as bad feels like it appends “… and YOU are bad/stupid/tasteless for liking it!”

So, “That stuff is so loaded with msg it’s irredeemable.” sounds more personal than “The heavy msg at that place squicks me.” or “They use too much msg for my tastes.” sound, I dunno, nicer, I suppose.

Given that this year seems to be the Triumph of the Assholes in general, maybe a minor personal effort can at least keep us all wearing the veneer of civilization, for as long as it lasts. Because it’s gonna really goddamed difficult to find quality sea urchin once the world is reduced to savage, nomadic raider tribes zipping around on spiky dunebuggies.

but… seriously… Olive Garden?

4 Likes

But did you explain what “squick” means??? :wink:

1 Like

context worked for me.