Ho Foods, Taiwanese Beef Noodle - East Village

Winter is coming… Good, legit Taiwanese beef noodles!

110 E 7th St, New York, NY 10009
http://hofoodsnyc.com/

IMG_20180906_112751_835

2 Likes

Thanks for the review. Right near my place, and I’m on a keto diet. :frowning:

worth checking out when you get off the diet.

Anything you particularly like there, or just in general?

Beef noodle + tendon + spicy
Lo Rou Fan

My kind of thing!

Good list of beef noodle options in addition to Ho. Mama Lee and ChiMama on my list to try next

Bayside so far :frowning: why are all the yummy things so far :cry:
i’ve been to ho foods, very fresh, and 886. I think I liked ho foods the best with very fresh a close second. 886 was really great the first few bites but unfortunately got way too overwhelming after that - i think i felt that way about most of their food actually, just a liiittle bit too heavy handed.

Yikes, no kidding, Bayside is a looooong hike :weary:. Ho foods is my favorite by far in Manhattan. Thanks for the intel on 886.

I grew up in Bayside. It’s amazing the transformation in the last 3 decades. Bayside and surrounding areas were almost all Korean growing up. My last trip back seemed like a lot of Chinese is started to spread from Flushing to Bayside and surrounding areas.

If you wanted to go to Bayside to try these noodles I’d recommend LIRR to Bayside stop then walk/Uber/Lyft to the restaurant. It’s only like a 10 block walk from LIRR station to #1 and #3 placed on the Grub Street article.

You could do a nice bang bang bang with White Castle and VI Pizza. If you go to VI Pizza make sure to get the siciian slice. A very different sicilian than you’re used to. Much skinner and not as crunchy.

1 Like

Thanks for the travel & pizza tip! I keep forgetting about the LIRR, so much faster than the regular subway.

1 Like

You know, the owner of Ho Foods is from San Gabriel Valley, east of LA. If you ever go, maybe stop by the shop Dai Ho, of which he admires and is a fan of.