Holbox by Chichen Itza

Great photos @moonboy403. I :hearts: Holbox.

4 Likes

hi @moonboy403,
no fried fish torta? thanks.

1 Like

I didn’t see it on the menu :poop:

it’s off menu :poop:

1 Like

FML. Where’s the pro-tip?!

2 Likes

The bread is great. :wink:

8 Likes

disagreed on that, but that was definitely one of my favorites of the night. the blood clams look great as well

1 Like

Get the smoked fish tostada, scallop taco, shrimp torta and eat it all quickly slathered in their amazing kut salsa. Then proceed to Chichen Itza for their chicharron tacos and potato salad topped with some habanero salsa. If still hungry, proceed East to Tire Shop Taqueria for asada and chorizo tacos and mulitas. One of the best surf and turf bang bangs in the city.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Excellent review! Thank you!

1 Like

Im going back!

What would people recommend between the coctel vs. a ceviche?

will try the kanpachi and uni tostada this time and possibly the smoked kanpachi taco

1 Like

Warrior: This doesn’t pertain to Holbox in particular (not sure I’ve tried their coctel due to sentiment I express here). But am I the only person who finds Mexican seafood cocktails too sweet? The problem is they use ketchup, which is a corn syrupy, factory produced abomination that should not exist. And to add insult to injury, the cocktails come with factory produced saltines in little plastic bags.

2 Likes

coctel

2 Likes

The OG sweet salt.

Smoked kanpachi tostada

Scallop taco

Shrimp torta

Chile rellenos with smoked fish

Sopa de mariscos

Add copious amounts of kut salsa (the white one) to everything.

4 Likes

I prefer the ceviche to the coctel

Fwiw the Holbox coctel is based on the standard version with ketchup hot sauce and orange Fanta, but they make their own sweet/salty tomato sauce and hot sauce, and use fresh squeezed orange juice.

4 Likes

A must for eating aguachile, imo! :yum:

1 Like

sopa de mariscos, bread comes free.

5 Likes