Holbox by Chichen Itza

What should I get there?

This!?!

Add that inferno white salsa and the morita for some smokiness and POW!! with these insanely flavorful shrimp. And that excellent torta bread grilled/toasted? perfectly create a great texture.
And the fuckin coctel, excellent. OMG, Iā€™m going back soon.

3 Likes

The namesake Cream Pan, and Strawberry Crossiants!

1 Like

Hi @Sgee,

Not sure if youā€™ve seen my reports on Taco Maria at lunch. Their tacos are nowhere near as good as GT with Chef Wes, or Holbox, but just my opinion.

1 Like

Agreed. Iā€™d keep expectations in check with TM for lunch. Dinner is another matter entirely.

As somebody who frequents Taco Maria, the trick for lunch is simple: Donā€™t order tacos. Get the scallop ceviche (which is divine) plus the mushroom quesadilla (the best way to enjoy their tortillas) and whatever other vegetable dish they have that isnā€™t the caesar.

Or get the mushroom tacos at TM.

4 Likes

You, my friend, are a genius.

1 Like

Any booze there or around ?

this

6 Likes

they didnā€™t have it when i went

I went to The Lab by USC when I went last month. School is out so it was pretty much dead. They have a solid beer selection. I would probably go there again before Holbox.

2 Likes

Sigh.

Oh nice! Yah, Iā€™ve had the too many things at once conundrum too. :wink:

1 Like

Their sparkling lemonade w/minis smuggled in from the liquor store down the street. Iā€™d prefer a cold beer, but itā€™s harder to be incognito. Be careful. Itā€™s a cop hangout.

3 Likes

i sit at the counter and order as i go until my holbox pants donā€™t fit anymore.

7 Likes

Good policy. I saw a Smoked Fish Tostada being made after I placed my order and was kicking myself later for not adding it! Thatā€™s next on my list.

Canā€™t decide between Holbox and Guerilla today. Havenā€™t been to either

1 Like

bang bang is the only answer

3 Likes

Maybe a downtown bang bang with breweries. Guerilla first the. 1986 or sonora after

1 Like