Holy Basil

Looks like the ultimate bacon & eggs! :blush::drooling_face::blush:

1 Like

Really enjoyed my meal here, haven’t been eating out as often and this was a nice meal. We ordered the Kanah Moo Krob, Kang Kew Waan Kai (green curry) with a side of Kai Jeew (Thai omelette), Pad See Ew, Chicken wings, and a side of Chinese broccoli.
Kanah Moo Krob was my favorite dish out of the ones we ordered. Curbside pickup is the key.

9 Likes

hi @Hungrydrunk

how did you like this? did it have any meat?

1 Like

Nope, no meat. It kinda looks like an overcooked thin omelette, kinda crispy on the outside but soft in the inside served on top of the extra rice I ordered. It was good. I don’t think I’ve ever had it before but I liked it.(this was a side that I added with my green curry order)

1 Like

Thai omelettes are great over rice and copious amount of Thai sriracha and prik nam pla

1 Like

This really is a good place. I love how they package the dishes on top of the rice. I just wish they would expand the menu.

1 Like

For Thai restaurants I hoping the trend will be tighter menus.

Look at Northern Thai Food Club the menu is almost 100% Northern. They got plenty of non-Thai customers who came in.

4 Likes

Look out for special Yum nights—that’s when they have unique specials

1 Like

deep fried barrumundi belly
damn good with some holy sauce and a bowl of rice. the skin reminded me of fried amadai.

I’ll be getting the fried fillets next

kai jeew

what @JeetKuneBao said

pad thai goong - ecuador white shrimp, pan fried rice noodle, egg, tamarind fish sauce, fried tofu, bean sprout, chives and peanut

10 Likes

Loved this cauliflower yum—don’t think we’ve ever had it prepared this way, just lightly steamed but still great crunch so fresh and delicious

Fried barramundi with sweet chili relish—so good!

9 Likes

How does the fried belly hold up to transport?

wat.

7 Likes

it’s delicious! not surprisingly, the process of making mortadella is almost identical to making cha lua. they have some other fun collaborations in the works!

5 Likes

I opened the container during transit so it wouldn’t steam and it reheated and crisped up nicely in the toaster oven.

Is there one general temp/time setting you start off w/ for any item that needs crisping?

Was this a one-time special? I don’t see it on the menu.

i usually take whatever i’m reheating out of the fridge and let it come up to temp, i then preheat the toaster oven for 350 and warm for 7-8 minutes depending on the size.

3 Likes

yeah, i think so. it was a special for a couple days last week.

1 Like

When I ordered the belly wasn’t an option, but the filet was .

1 Like

yum dok ka lum - steamed cauliflower and ground pork shoulder toasted with fish sauce, lime, palm sugar, cherry tomato, bird’s eye chili and cilantro
served cold, this was bright, crisp, refreshing and spicy. reminded me of the fried cauliflower with fish sauce vinaigrette I had at majordomo.

eggplant and pumpkin add crispy pork belly - wok-fired eggplant, kalabasa squash, thai basil, scallions, bird’s eye chili, garlic
wasn’t a fan of the pumpkin pieces (too starchy) but everything else was delicious.

barramundi rad prik - fresh arizona barramundi filleted then deep fried and serves on top of sweet chili jam
I placed my order as soon as I saw @hppzz’s post and it was great. the fish was meaty and leaner than the belly with crispy skin. the sweet chili jam with loads of garlic and holy basil was addicting.

ototo - spring mochi set

11 Likes