Home Cooking 2023

Here it is in Sicily last month . It’s fried hard separately then agro dolce treatment in final stew

5 Likes

Some charsui since Costco was selling mega packs of pork butt

9 Likes

That looks like pork tenderloin. ???

Happy Mothers Day. This was our lunch spread. Not bad for a bunch of dads cooking (mostly/kinda). Haha.

12 Likes

Great Job, Dads!

1 Like

That’s still love.

Nice spread!

1 Like

So friends were visiting and i got it in my head to try and make a tagine of sorts. Of course it was not proper but was entirely delicious and reviewers were raving.

ground up some veal, mixed with fatty pork and balled them up…

crowded like crazy with lamb chops with a ton of aromatics, dried fruit, spices, herbs, lemon zest

since there would be a lot of couscous i wanted it to be brothy so i probably added too much stock… but it was great to have to keep drizzling over.

the star ingridient and the inspiration for even trying it was this preserved lemon i’m always going to make… popular in iran and arabic countries it’s just an anaerobic ferment of lemons in salt… turns into a totally new thing! just fantastic

13 Likes

Practiced paella again for a willing crowd. improved my heat/water management and did not overcook the rice this time! had some socarrat as well… people loved the rabbit… we even snacked the kidneys and liver… dont use your metal wheelbarrow (even if you intend to throw it out after)…

15 Likes

Looks very legit. Respect.

1 Like

We are a willing crowd. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

118 west. Get on it

3 Likes

Another Caponata

Frying it all separately really is the trick. I liked putting the eggplant on paper towel after… freaking sponges

7 Likes

Another pizza on our pizza steel. We’re totally hooked on this piece of gear. Eight minutes at 550 degrees.

5 Likes

Hello??? Tell us when to show up and which exit to take! I don’t know if I’ve ever been west of Reseda on that freeway… :wink:

3 Likes

Chickpea salad celery leaf vinaigrette. Chickpeas from Koda farms

5 Likes

Gorgeous. Is the puree also from the chickpeas? Seasoned like hummus or like something else?

Homemade crust or store bought? Partner has some store bought from TJ’s and will be trying a skillet pizza in the near future.

1 Like

thank you! yes home made hummus with the same chickpeas made in the vitamix

3 Likes

Were the chickpeas fresh or dried?

regular dried chickpeas, I can never figure out when she is going to show up at the SMFM with her Koda Farms table but I always buy a bag because they turn out so nice.

3 Likes

Maybe a silly question, but does celery leaf have a lot of flavor? I don’t really cook, but I never would’ve thought of using it for anything!

1 Like