How do you: 'Laissez les bons temps rouler'?

It’s time to revel and take in some traditional Carnival. New Orleans-style, Italian, South American. It starts Feb. 17 culminating on Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday, Feb.21. Do you gumbo at home, or have a favorite dining venue?

Now that we’re on the subject, might just indulge in a big warmed Muffuletta Sandwich and a platter of Crawfish Tails at The Bayou, a local spot here in Mount Vernon, N.Y. Definitely a share with my companion…

Feijoada at The Deck on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro.

1 Like

Looking hearty, catholiver. We have a sprawling restaurant called Fogo de Chao in White Plains that will be celebrating Carnival with its Churrascaria Brazilian BBQ. Definitely a shareable feast. A couple of Caipirinhas sound good, too…

Fogo de Chao’s an international chain.

Do I recall that it’s a rodizio. Our fave place didn’t have that but a long buffet with every possible pig part and other things. And caipirinhas of course! It was a Saturday feast with a walk home, a nap and maybe scrambled eggs and a piece of toast for dinner :slight_smile:

Finally had my Fried Oyster Po Boy at an upscale seafood restaurant in White Plains, N.Y. called KEE Oyster House. Not a southern or New Orlean’s place, but they happened to have one on the menu and it was terrific!

2 Likes

Start the parade! Got a piece of King Cake waiting for me a local bakery today…

2 Likes