How do you like your coffee

I like mine, French press, strong as f*ck (freshly ground)…half and half with a teaspoon of raw sugar…

And you?

How do you like your coffee

About 55.5° C.

Give or take 0.5° C.

1 Like

I like mine black two sugars and with tea instead of coffee.

1 Like

In a pretty stone mug.

2 Likes

Either as a straight espresso (usually Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Wote Konga, or some variation thereof), or a cappuccino or latte (using a blend of African, South American, and Oceania beans) – all beans roasted to a Northern Italian (medium) roast.

2 Likes

I have two cups of black coffee every morning when I sit down to work. At home, and if there’s half & half or cream in the house (which is almost never), I’ll add cream and sugar. Last weekend, I stirred in a spoonful of caramel sauce that my lovely bride made for Thanksgiving pies. That was awesome.

I’ll splurge with a latte on the weekends when we’re out.

All over the map, I know. Just like me.

1 Like

One cup of Toddy coffee with cream and sugar. Rarely a second cup if we go out to breakfast. But don’t get between me and that first cup.

1 Like

Dark roast (currently Peet’s 101), fresh ground with a burr grinder, cone filter, black.

I use a Bonavita brewer, which according to coffee geeks heats the water to the ideal temperature. I use maybe twice as much coffee per cup than the standard recommendation of two tablespoons. It has a thermal carafe so the coffee doesn’t cook.

Over the years I’ve experimented with every variable and after the choice of beans I think the grinder makes the most difference. Water matters as well, on occasion I’ve taken it all with me when traveling and in some places it just tasted awful, even if the tap water tasted fine.

1 Like

It’s a well-worn axiom within the “espresso community” that, It’s the grinder that makes the coffee; the espresso machine is just a hot water delivery device.

1 Like

One lump of sugar in with the fresh ground coffee usually from the conservatory for coffee & tea. Usually drip but french press when I’m not feeling lazy

1 Like

Hey Babydoll…
Where you been?
Glad your back…
:hugging:

With tea, no coffee. And a splash of milk (cow, almond, coconut - I mix it up).

1 Like

For around a decade, we french pressed, but then we got a Mocca Master, which is now our breakfast coffee of choice. I have gotten so many compliments on the coffee from people who visit in the morning hours. For afternoon pick-me-up, it’s espresso.

My Bonavita is a cheaper knockoff of a Technivorm Moccamaster. I much prefer a thermal carafe.

http://us.moccamaster.com/us/brewers/

http://bonavitaworld.com/products/category/coffee-brewers

My Capresso Infinity grinder has been acting up, grinding too fine so the filter backs up and overflows, and what coffee does drip through tastes awful. You’d think that wear and tear on the mechanism would result in coarser rather than finer.

2 Likes

It turns out my grinder was not the problem. The latest batch of filters I got from Trader Joe’s are not porous enough.

1 Like

It’s a science!

Beans from Cafe Graffeo in North Beach . Hand ground with Kyocera burr grinder . Packed in Bialetti moka express . Finished with a touch of half and half . My coffee in the morning .

1 Like

that’s pretty darn close to my m.o.----Blue Bottle beans (I have a subscription that rolled over from Tonx), Baratza burr grinder, Bialetti moka (I can’t remember if it’s the 6 or 8 cup size), poured into a large mug w/ enough half & half to lighten it up and a touch of raw sugar.

There is no better way to start your day than a delicious cup of coffee prepared just the way you like it first thing in the morning. I set aside time for it every day.

1 Like

Delivered to my door by Postmates or by bribing my son to skateboard to the nearest place that has whatever he’s wanting to be bribed with.

1 Like

I used Graffeo for years, before Peet’s expanded to SF. I like that they still have only dark and light.

1 Like