How Many Knives Do You Use?

I use three knives for 99% of my cooking: a large Chinese cleaver, a 10-inch chef’s knife, and a 6 inch utility knife.

For that other 1%, I use a bread knife.

1 Like

I have even more than these. But I mostly use the 2nd & 5th ones from the left. The 2nd one is a $19 chef’s knife from Smart & Final. Aside from the tip breaking off a couple years ago, it has served me well for years: great grip, sharpens beautifully and no water gets under the handle.

1 Like

I have two chef’s knives (approx. 8") that I use most of the time. And I have a bunch of small, cheap serrated knives. Also a bread knife. I have a bunch more that I should donate.

My most used is an 8" chef’s knife. I also use my 6" utility and 8" slicing knives quite a bit.

1 Like

How I will survive the apocalypse.

1 Like

I use an 8" Chef’s knife for most things, a 7" Santoku when I’m doing mostly chopping, a 3" paring knife for small things, and a bread knife for bread or things that are fragile (especially if my knives need sharpening). I have several other knives but barely use them. The one knife I think I might add is a flexible boning knife.

I don’t have a bread knife anymore. I use my melon knife. It’s the only thing that can cut through a Lodge crust.

1 Like

I want a boning knife too, and a really good pair of shears.