How to pull in my crew from CH?

The ad hasn’t been approved yet, so we’ll see. Fun times if it runs.

2 Likes

FTC and HO are both being tweeted about with CH included (so anyone following the CH account will see the mentions).

You might look for local forums on reddit and mention it there. Such as https://www.reddit.com/r/philadelphia/ . Also posts on various Craigslists might get the word out.

I tried that the other day and was not well received:

“Sorry, but we’ve removed your post. We understand that you are not happy with the new site, but please notice that we don’t think it’s appropriate to promote alternatives to Chowhound on our discussions nor to purposely create posts with a misleading title. Please don’t let it happen again.
Marcela”

The Chowhound Team

For Those Who Live to Eat

1 Like

Who are you talking to? I know Renee quite well, but I’m not sure she writes for food anymore.

Speaking of which, where is Servorg? Did he leave CH because he knew what was to come?

1 Like

Maybe this has been mentioned, but a lot posted their reviews on Yelp and CH. You might start a Yelp thread (if they allow that) for your area.

Wouldn’t it better just to post a review of FoodTalkCentral.com?

Probably! I just know I’ve connected with OC locals by recognizing their reviews and reached out.

I eventually received the same finger-wagging admonition, followed by a suspension, followed by a reinstatement of my “powers.” Those folks are a confused bunch!

1 Like

I wish my admonition was as polite. Seems they’re toning it down.

1 Like

My ad is supposedly running.

8 Likes

Sort of odd about that ad I placed on Chowhound. I paid $100.01 for 8,334 “impressions” over one month from 9/28 to 10/28. The campaign ended with 8,214 remaining, and they refunded $98.57. So I guess I paid $2.44 for 120 impressions (whatever those are).

1 Like

Do you have any sense of what results you got?

I have no idea if anyone ever saw the ad, let alone whether they ended up here as a result. I haven’t bothered to look up what an “impression” is.

is the ad still there ???

I ihaven’t visited the other fucking site in ages upon ages upon ages.

No, the campaign ended on 10/28.

Sure love to see some of the Chowhound posters over to Food talk Central…
You’all are just talking to yourself over there…IMO.

Kathryn on NYC board
Deckape from SD board
MGZ…see he is at HO but he could split his time!

More Hawaiians from Hawaii board!!

Aloha
:palm_tree::hibiscus::rainbow: