I sware: THIS IS NOT A SHILL!

It is hard to believe that after so many years, so many fantastic dishes, and so many bottles — Il Grano and Chef Sal Marino are closing doors and moving on to something new and exciting. There was no way we were going to let that happen without a party, so we are teaming up this Thursday, October 29th, for the most bombastic of farewell events. We have assembled a list of wines that typically retail from $50-100 and will be blowing them out for just $25 each. It is a flat rate, for the whole wine list, for as long as quantities last. We’re talking things like:
• 2011 JJ Christoffel Urziger Wurzgarten Spatlese
• 2008 Castello di Neive Barbaresco, Santo Stefano
• 2000 Chateau de Fieuzal, Pessac-Leognan
• 2003 Turley Petite Sirah, Estate
• 2008 Martinelli Chardonnay, Zio Tony Estate
• 1996 Schweiger Cabernet Sauvignon, Spring Mountain
• 2009 Far Niente Chardonnay
• 1990 Ruffino Chianti, Riserva Ducale Gold
• 2007 Sena
• …and hundreds more.
Every wine on the list comes from a quality source and will make for good drinking, though some may be from vineyards or vintages that don’t typically excel in an auction. The wine will flow till folks give up, and Sal is going keep the kitchen open till 1am with a small dish menu available all night long. There are only a couple bottles of each item though, so you’ll want to arrive early to get your first choices. Call your friends and come party! It’s a great opportunity to drink really well on a budget while enjoying some of your favorite dishes.

Il Grano is located at 11359 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025. The kitchen open till 1:00 AM with a small dish menu.

Some serious vino there.

1 Like

Sounds fucking dope. Sounds like a meet up joint for the crew.

Who in fucks name is with me ???

1 Like

Do you have a driver?

We’ll be going (I think). :smile:

I smell a fucking houndly meet up.

and that ain’t no fucking joke.

Warning to all: Expect a packed house Thursday night. Any of you have a table reserved already? If so, can I join y’all?

Count me in too.

I want to take advantage of that dope fucking shit too.

and if i’m still hungry, which is a downright certainty, i got me some Nanbankan across the street and short stumble away is kiriko for a couple rounds of my tamagoyaki and a few blue crab hand rolls.

oooooooohhhhh, and perhaps the mighty mighty mighty mighty beyond bitterly elusive WHITE TRUFFLE ICE CREAM. though i’d settle for the black truffle varietal if you happen to know what i’m fucking saying.

just saying.

dope, save me a fucking seat. :smiley:

@J_L I expect an awesome report from you on this! :smile: I have to live vicariously through your pix again.

@kevin: gonna gave to decline on saving a seat only b/c we’re going there to celebrate our anniversary (2nd meal this wk… hee, hee). But do let me know if you’re going!

dman, you let me down. oh, well for fuck’s sake.

I guess filet o fishes it is on Thurs night.

JL, can you grab me a fucking seat ???

Happy Anniversary!!

1 Like

dman, couldn’t make the dinner tonight.

but how was it ???

Isn’t it tomorrow?

my fucking bad.

how was last night for those who went ???

any possible extension on dinner servie, sorry, I OD’d on the prime rib from the night before.

Didn’t have a reservation, and they were totally booked out.

A lot of people, a ton of wine, and a good time was had by all. Photos forthcoming…

Thanks for saving a fucking seat. :slight_smile:

too bad that shitt’s closing.