It is hard to believe that after so many years, so many fantastic dishes, and so many bottles — Il Grano and Chef Sal Marino are closing doors and moving on to something new and exciting. There was no way we were going to let that happen without a party, so we are teaming up this Thursday, October 29th, for the most bombastic of farewell events. We have assembled a list of wines that typically retail from $50-100 and will be blowing them out for just $25 each. It is a flat rate, for the whole wine list, for as long as quantities last. We’re talking things like:
• 2011 JJ Christoffel Urziger Wurzgarten Spatlese
• 2008 Castello di Neive Barbaresco, Santo Stefano
• 2000 Chateau de Fieuzal, Pessac-Leognan
• 2003 Turley Petite Sirah, Estate
• 2008 Martinelli Chardonnay, Zio Tony Estate
• 1996 Schweiger Cabernet Sauvignon, Spring Mountain
• 2009 Far Niente Chardonnay
• 1990 Ruffino Chianti, Riserva Ducale Gold
• 2007 Sena
• …and hundreds more.
Every wine on the list comes from a quality source and will make for good drinking, though some may be from vineyards or vintages that don’t typically excel in an auction. The wine will flow till folks give up, and Sal is going keep the kitchen open till 1am with a small dish menu available all night long. There are only a couple bottles of each item though, so you’ll want to arrive early to get your first choices. Call your friends and come party! It’s a great opportunity to drink really well on a budget while enjoying some of your favorite dishes.
Il Grano is located at 11359 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025. The kitchen open till 1:00 AM with a small dish menu.