I visit Spoon By H!

First off free strip mall parking! If not try the neighborhood streets west of La Brea.

This smells and looks like a Asian dessert shop typically of what you find all over Southern California…yeah for me no thanks!!! I’ll pass BUT
Spoon By H as you read serves Korean food. Ehh not exactly traditional like Ajumma but at the same time feels, looks, and tastes traditional in some aspects. That didn’t really make sense huh?

Dumpling Soup.

Definitely not your Ajumma’s dumpling soup!!! Eat the dumplings first before they get too soft! The dumplings are handmade. Good skin and very flavorful filling that evokes more Chinese (flavorful) than Korean (more bland). The broth is milkish color due to the bones, reminds you of Korean ox bone soup. This dumpling soup is beef bone based but with strong hints of garlic and red pepper flakes, you will get a tingle on your tastebuds like the way Italians like. Carrots, onions, and zucchini make up the rest. Excellent dish!

Kimchi Fried Rice.

This will remind you of Military Stew! Bits of spam and bacon with the fried rice. Very tasty with a little yolk in the mix. For some a little too porky! I personally could use a little more punch from the kimchi for balance. Still very enjoyable!

Beef Patty.

Taste just like Bulgogi!! It is well formed the meat does not break up into ground pieces. Delicious! With the salad and it’s dressing this taste like Korean BBQ but not if that makes sense.

Dessert:

I don’t know! I’ll let you know if I go back with a date. The Mango Shaved Ice looks great!

Also there is off the menu specials like the Bulgogi Patty above, always ask!

Problem: No restrooms, all this food must come out. I hate that about LA hard to find a spot for the Cleveland Browns playing the Super Bowl nomimsayin?

Spoon By H, gets my rec!!

5 Likes

The problem is very real now lol Halp!!!

Thank you Petty Cash Taqueria, I still rather go to that Tire Shop Taqueria

Lol. I thought the same about the dumplings. Tasted good unlike normal Korean dumplings

1 Like