Ideas for Welcome Dinner for Guest Visiting from Osaka

Thanks again all for the recs. Baldoria hit most of my requests, but I wasn’t taken with the food. The good: all my guests found easy and free street parking for our 8pm dinner, we were offered a patio table for our party of 7 without having to worry about our whole party arriving immediately, it was easy to hold a conversation without a group, prices were reasonable, and our server checked on us regularly. The food that I ordered was sadly mediocre. A friend and I split the strawberry arugula salad, which was fine but basic. The funghi pizza we shared, while charred on the edges, had a limp crust…likely from the grease. The base was olive oil, not red sauce, and there was just too much. The cheese and mushrooms were forgettable. Nothing that my friends ordered looked particularly tempting either. But still, considering the ease of arrangement and the good company I was with, it all worked out. I just won’t return :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Hi @chinchi -

It is hard to find a restaurant in L.A. with those requirements. You can find delicious cheap eats galore, but with atmosphere too? Not so easy.

Baldoria: Easy/free parking, no fuss reservations/seating, quiet/nice atmosphere, cheap, with good service; that’s the restaurant version of a unicorn. J_L did good.

Maybe you should send them an email with your food observations. We need a place like that to stick around.

Hope your friends had a good first time L.A. experience!

2 Likes