Iki Ramen (Koreatown): A Pictorial Essay

Zabyt’ Catalina, Nemroz Sergeyevich…

2 Likes

let’s tread lightly on that topic, moony, as i’m an armenian refugee from baku

1 Like

veri gut!

tongue in cheek of course. :wink:

thanks for the recommendation J_L, We went on Memorial day and i really enjoyed it. The menu is really interesting, i enjoyed my shoyu ramen but i want to try the yuzu shio and the tai ramen next time. the uni mazemen, smoky pork bao were also great.
One of the cool things is Asahi brewed in Japan and free parking!
i’m gonna try and come here more often and not just for ramen.

edit: holiday snafu

2 Likes

I think my work is done here… :smiley:

2 Likes

I thought it was nice but nothing to write home about. While its a good option for K-town its not a place I"m itching to go back to anytime soon. The tai ramen had a nice broth but the noodles, I thought, were pretty lackluster. Overcooked and no bite. The uni mazemen was nice but the noodle texture kinda threw me off, was very pasta-y which I didn’t care for.

1 Like

Funny, I was actually wow’ed about how ramen noodles can become so pasta-y. It made me think about our preconceived notions going into self-labeled restaurants (like a ramen-ya)…

1 Like

i agree, that’s what i liked about the mazemen,

Summer 2019 is already over…

1 Like

ahhh shit.

Well, I’ll declare my allegiances. I’m a Gooner. Would love to know any other FTCs loyalties (as long as they’re not Tottenham).

3 Likes

I’m ashamed to say that I’m a Red Devil kinda guy…

Now back to ramen!

Fair enough, spent years being conflicted with Park Ji-Sung being on United, even worse now with Son on Tottenham. But anyway… halftime is over.

Also, back to the ramen for a moment, Iki has three slightly different noodles they use depending on which ramen you order. Last time I was there, the vegan, yuzu shio, and tonkotsu were all different.

1 Like

I’ll never walk alone.

2 Likes

Sigh, should have just gotten some ramen…

Good luck on Saturday, please please please please please beat Sp*rs.

2 Likes

Maybe we need a Champions League Finals FTC ramen meet.

2 Likes

Wifey es de Madrid. Team Real Madrid (especially with Zidane around)…

3 Likes

long time gooner… it’s gooner be a long summer

1 Like

That would be cool!