Imperial Cuisine of China Arrives in L.A. - Is This Really What Emperors Ate? Bistro Na's (Na Jia Xiao Guan) [Review]

Hi @PorkyBelly,

I haven’t been to Lotus of Siam (I know, I know!). Every time we go to Vegas, it seems our friends never want to go “out of the way.” :roll_eyes: But yes, these are butterflied, partially deshelled and deep fried to a wonderful crispy perfection. :slight_smile: Definitely a standout dish there.

2 Likes

Looks like I need to make a trip to try this place. Sounds like it has LoS potential. Thanks, @Chowseeker1999 and @PorkyBelly

1 Like

what da FUK!? @asgavin

5 Likes

Wow.

oh shit hahahhah… FLAME HIM

3 Likes

nice detective work

@Clayfu go after him for copyright infringement pro bono? :rofl:

Here’s Andy’s PM to me in regards to the Hayato saga…

Can’t use that excuse anymore…

This guy has some balls…and clearly isn’t smart enough to cover them. Is it now fair to call him a a lazy plagiarizer?

3 Likes

Plot twist: @asgavin is really @Chowseeker1999 who’s really @moonboy403 who’s really @asgavin.

4 Likes

Why is he not banned here yet? There’s no positive contribution from the account

he signed up just to pm me

1 Like

seems to be a serial plagiariser…

Waiting for Mr. Gavin’s review of Cap’N Crunch, 'cuz that may give clues about whether he’s a cereal plagiarizer… :smiley:

5 Likes

So let me get this straight… a multi-millionare bon vivant--who made his fortunes essentially as a writer/creator --goes out with his regular crew of bon-vivants to SGV for yet another food bacchanal dinner…and then is too lazy to write up a summary for his massive food blog and instead for a second time in less than a month plagiarizes from THE SAME FTC contributor?
WTF. This guy is such an incredible ween.

4 Likes

two different ones. but i get what you’re saying

3 Likes

Damn, you got my hopes up there. He made his money as a video-game software entrepreneur.

Somebody should run some passages from his novels through a plagarism detector.

is it really plagiarism if nobody reads what you write? /s

1 Like

Thanks @PorkyBelly for being a guardian of FTC. This is just shocking and ridiculous.

Checking on his website now, it appears you calling him out has caused him to quickly change all of those plagiarized descriptions (they now read like hastily cobbled together rewrites).

6 Likes

forgiven

he’s going after your writing next!

Not quite. He still stole your brilliant cicada line.
The blatant plagiarism is staggering. Does he write any of his menu item reviews or has he been pilfering all this time? Makes me wonder if he steals other people’s wine notes, too.
If I were Hadley Tomicki or Jenn Harris, I would be interested if someone stole my work. I enjoy reading their L.A. Times contributions.

3 Likes