Instacart versus Amazon Prime Now versus Mercato

You don’t need the app, you can tell Instacart about the problem on their web site. They’ve promptly refunded for all the issues I’ve reported so far.

I buy tissue from Costco two-day delivery. Currently in stock.

3 Likes

That is correct. I usually use the website, not the app.

And @DogbiteWilliams , you will get to keep all those glorious lotioned Kleenex. I too refuse to put that gooey mess to my nose, but you can use them to wipe up spills and the like :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s true elsewhere, but here in Berkeley, Amazon Fresh has a much bigger selection of Talenti gelato at the lowest price I’ve seen.

They should. The freezers at the new Amazon Fresh by me were stuffed with premium ice cream and they are fulfilling many of their westside orders from there…

2 Likes

I think that the cheapest I’ve seen for McConnell’s pints

YEP! Tons of flavors too… If I didn’t have the Be Happy order in my freezer (We savor it so it lasts a good while), I would have at least picked up a Turkish Coffee. I so was not expecting to like them so much… But I already am planning a trip back because the Petit Creme Marin French Cheese was SO GOOD and also at a great price… .

I wrote a review of it here…

2 Likes

Thank you, Robert and Omotesando.

Omotesando, I had no luck finding the right website page to seek a refund. I would appreciate some guidance.

TIA.

Amazon Fresh is expanding very quickly. One is opening up in Fullerton in the old Toys R Us space in the Costco plaza. I think another opened or is opening up in Whittier. Haven’t had a chance to go to the Irvine location but it looks like they have some good selection at good prices.

1 Like

There are no public Amazon Fresh stores around here, it’s strictly warehouse to consumer, like Farmstead. Seems to me like a better business model than having order pickers mixing with retail customers.

It’s part of the “rate your order” thing.

If there’s no “report a problem” link for the order in question, you can go through the help system:

1 Like

@DogbiteWilliams, did you order through Instacart or through Ralph’s (which contracts out delivery to Instacart)?

I have had some really wrong deliveries (through the Ralph’s app): I have been told, by Instacart, that the problem is on Ralph’s end - and by Ralph’s that the problem is with Instacart. Took many phone calls to get refunds, but eventually did get them.

1 Like

VERY good selection and really astounding prices. We bought some Sumos today and they were on sale for $2.29lb… Their ‘regular’ price is 2.99lb! I won’t even tell you what we paid for them at Mitsuwa last weekend.

It’s what 369 was supposed to be. Really inexpensive, whole food brands (But not just 365) and grab and go items. But what Fresh brings to the table is better service (There are actual people to help you and full service counters) and the big brands. It was the only place I grocery shopped this week and I got everything from those Sumos to Ground Lamb to Mini Cans of Pepsi Real Sugar and Amazon Fresh brand “Lunch Meat” (I grew up with Carl Budding and it’s still makes one of my favorite sandwiches…). It also helped that when I went they gave me a $10 off coupon for the following week… and today they did the same!! Who knows how long that is going to last… but it’s a nice discount…

3 Likes

I know it’s not healthy, but I loved Carl Buddig lunch meats as a kid. I would sometimes eat an entire package straight - no bread or mustard.

IIRC, the packages formerly contained 3 or 3.5 ounces. Now it’s only 2 ounces.

Kleenex boxes have REALLY shrunken - 240, 220,200,180,160,144. Inflation bites in more ways than one.

3 Likes

It’s a ralphs.com website.

I did send a direct email to Instacart. I am awaiting their response.

1 Like

$2.29 for Sumo is lower than I’ve ever seen. The sumo on sale at Whole Foods right now for $3.49. I know these are different brands within the same company but that’s quite a disparity.

This might end up being a one stop shop if we are able to get good produce and branded products. We usually go to HMart or Whole Foods for fruits, produce and meat then to Stater Bros or Albertsons for the chips, Kraft singles, Yoplait, sodas, etc…

1 Like

The produce was very nice! Great variety too… Baby Bok Choy, Actual Brocoli Rabe. They have Whole Foods AND Taylor Farm sale kits.

It maybe a good idea to do a mock order on the Amazon to get an idea of what they have. There are still some items that I have to get through WF or Surfas or Monsiuer Marcels like Bianco, Tomatoes, Just Mayo Mayo, Trois Petit Chochon Paris Ham… but those I can pick up once a month rather than tru to squeeze in a visit an extra grocery store visit/order every other week.

1 Like

Instacart refused my refund request.

I will be VERY glad when I finally get vaccinated.

2 Likes

As you ordered through the Ralphs.com site, @DogbiteWilliams, I would contact Ralphs - they have subcontracted out to Instacart. It’s been through Ralphs that I have been able to get refunds, but it’s been a pain.

I’m with you on wanting the vaccine, now!

2 Likes

Thanks, Elsie.

1 Like

Here’s a new one. I spent the usual silly amount of time trying to find things to get my Prime Now order up to $35 for free delivery. Finally go to check out and it says “No delivery windows available. New windows are released throughout the day.” No option to choose tomorrow.

1 Like