Instacart versus Amazon Prime Now versus Mercato

The day after I posted about Yummy Market starting to get overwhelmed I placed an order and received it in 20 minutes. :clap: Morning & early afternoon seem better.

1 Like

I would find a way to contact Instacart and complain. Their order pickers are people they’ve hired and the more orders they can fill the more money they make. High incentive to ignore ‘no substitutions’ which take time because they’re supposed to text you for approval on each one. We’ve had two successful orders through them but it’s kind of like Uber or Lyft… bad drivers need to be reported.

4 Likes

You reported all the missing items and unwanted substitutions and they credited them back, right? I had no trouble doing that.

We had a similar situation this weekend. Do get in touch with a live customer support person. They refunded every wrongly delivered item and also gave us a hefty credit for our trouble.

1 Like

This is what @DogbiteWilliams should get. I think it tops the list of worst delivery experiences on this thread. :grimacing:

I didn’t have to talk to anyone, just reported it through the web site.

I don’t have a cell phone, so I can’t receive text messages.

The wait times at Instacrt’s customer service are excruciating as well as the horrible music which my crummy phone can’t mute.

You certainly don’t have to get a real person; in our case, we wanted to make sure we got a refund as opposed to a credit. The rep was very apologetic and threw in the extra credit without our asking for it. We went from fairly frustrated to at least feeling like we hadn’t lost anything by using the service.

We did the live chat and had no wait at the time.

Despite being in business for 7 years, Instacart is not even accredited by the Better Business Bureau.

I only checked the first 7 reviews listed at the BBB website. They were all only one star, the absolute minimum.

That means nothing. Look some businesses you like and see how many are accredited.

Valid point, so I decide to revisit the BBB website. The 20 latest reviews for Instacart are all one star slams.

Nobody is happy. My horrible experience is far from unique.

EVERY review on BBB for Instacart is one star. Tells you something about who goes there to write reviews.

The evidence seems conclusive - Instacart doesn’t seem to give a damn about operating a better business.

The vaccine can’t come soon enough.

8 posts were split to a new topic: LA supermarket ownership

I know we are all trashing Instacart, but I have to report that I just had an order delivered in NYC and I got what I ordered other than one substitution which I had pre-approved. Maybe things are working more smoothly on the East Coast. I had to wait a few days to get a delivery date, but I did get one and it was delivered when expected and as expected, so I’m a happy camper.

1 Like

Ordered $138 of groceries through Vons pickup and only received &98 of groceries. Refeund is on its way. I have been having a reasonable time with Instacart and sprouts when I can get a delivery time. I managed to get a 4 to 6 pm delivery at Whole Foods. But, they absolute best was my brother dropping by with champagne and Sugarfish.

2 Likes

Same here in Boston - our once weekly Instacart delivery works nicely - some substitutions (e.g. farfalle instead of rotini etc. )which you just approve by text but otherwise all items are available and delivered for the last five weeks.

On Tuesday I ran out of wine. This never happens (yes, I went through my reserves and the stuff I was saving for whatever and the stuff I didn’t want to drink because it was stuff that somebody gave me like chardonnay—and I’m not into chardonnay).

So I decided to place an order @ K&L for delivery, thinking that I live less than 2 miles away and they should be able to deliver the next day. I go on their website, pick things out, add to my cart, go to check out and the soonest delivery time is next Tuesday (4/21). woooooow.

I still placed my order, but in the mean time I needed wine and was starting to run out of food. I was hoping to use Mercato, but after reading of everybody’s experience, I decided to just go out in the wild and hunt for provisions. In my case, that meant TJs @ 3rd & La Brea.

The wait was still the same as the last time I was there a couple of weeks ago, but they’ve really stepped up their game as far as protecting both their workers and shoppers. In addition to the line and limited customer entry, they have directional aisles, the cashiers are behind a plexiglass barrier, with masks/ gloves and are wiping down everything upon entry and between customers on checkout.

As stressful as shopping can be right now, this was good for a “regular market”. I still think I’m going to make a run over to Farmers Market early on Sunday and hit up the butchers.

3 Likes