Interesting Catering Ideas?

Quarantino pizza I believe is right around that price range.

1 Like

Thanks all. Should def have mentioned that we did the pizza oven thing a year ago via Los Angeles Pizzeria Co. and would want to switch it up

Love the lechon and tandoor ideas

2 Likes

Hey there! I catered in for 30 people using African Chop.

The food was a great hit and I feel I got a very high quality product for reasonable pricing.
What I got
Sauteed spinach
Jollof rice
Black beans
Sweet plantains

Suya (beef)
a jar of the #beloved hot sauce

Except for the beef all of the food was vegan - it was delivered to my house by Chef Opportune divided into smaller trays divided just as requested. I had a delayed service and wanted to be able to refresh the food as necessary.

I highly recommend using this kind of food (and this business!) for anything that is buffet style serving.

6 Likes

Love it.

Their mackarel is :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Consolidating info. $200pp 8 person min. 15 person max.

6 Likes

FTC meetup buyout?!

7 Likes

Hell Yes!

2 Likes

Adding a datapoint. A Mini Kabob feast for 25 was $850. You could probably do cheaper by selecting less options but we kinda went ham.

10 Likes

prices at mini-kabob has gone up quite a bit, but don’t think that’s stopping anyone from ordering, it’s that good.

2 Likes

Can we actually do this? Maybe around May?

2 Likes

Definitely not a value play but it’s not like Hamlets would’ve been cheaper. Food went over great. guests took all my planned leftovers :joy::sob:

6 Likes

Bastards! :rofl:

3 Likes

III Mas is available for catering while he’s moving.

Hello! Any new catering ideas for a group of about 12, casual backyard gathering? I’ve been struggling a bit bc with this group size, the cost per person can easily be the same as a nice dinner out. Thanks!!

1 Like

I still like a lot of the recs in this thread. :slightly_smiling_face:

III Mas.

Kojin Hibachi

The Kojin team is great!

They made our Father’s Day lunch so fun!

First, I’d like to commend Tiffany for making all the arrangements and planning so easy. She gave me options and clear instructions on how to go about picking items from the menu. I grabbed a color scheme from their IG library and we were off to the races. She answered all of my questions and set up a list of to-dos to make sure we were ready for service.

Chef Ruben & Carlos arrived 40 minutes before service to set up. They took care of everything as soon as they knew where we wanted to have the party. The table was lovely.

Meals include garlic edamame, vegetables, chicken fried rice, shrimp appetizer, and your choice of entree. Our group of 12 was allowed 3 entree options. We chose chicken & NY steak, lobster & NY steak, and shrimp/scallops/salmon. There are lots of options available.

Chef was gregarious and engaging. There were jokes and Carlos was so helpful. They were both a delight to be with.

The food was really well cooked. Steaks were all prepared perfect as ordered…rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, well done. Chef could do it all! His scallops were perfect! The salmon and lobster were cooked just right.

This was a great meal and really just so…fun! The team took care of everything for us and just made it so easy. There was plenty of food and most had leftovers for later.

We would gladly have Kojin back for another party.

13 Likes

@JeetKuneBao Is Chef Peter Hung still around hustling? Would you have a way to contact him? Thinking of contracting him for an event.

Thanks!

1 Like

714-719-8255

That was on the banner in my first post about him. Not sure if it works. It’s 2am now lol.

Also on insta he is chef_peter_hung

If that fails you can ask the family behind Glee Donuts. I believe that is his brothers shop.

2 Likes