Interesting Shopping Areas with Good Food?

The newly opened Playa Amor sounds interesting and the same chef as Amor y Tacos. No clue about shopping in that area.

Thanks @bulavinaka @A5KOBE. Bookmarked. Good to know. :slight_smile:

Playa Amor is indeed very good.

Restauration is very good. Worth a trip just to visit even without worrying about the Queen Mary.

In fact, the entire area of Bluff Heights where Restauration is on 4th St., is sort of a nice area to meander around a bit. The area is just east of the Queen Mary.

Word to the wise, if you go during the 4th, Bluff Heights hosts their own block party and you get to take in the fireworks show at the harbor. Win win.

2 Likes

if you like that sort of thing, the QM can be fun. but they make you buy a $15 voucher - and if you buy a $3 drink at the observation bar - they don’t give you any change.

the restaurants on board are ok. in one of the bars they have a pianist playing jazz standards which can be fun, but it’s more fun when you can dress the part, i have ties to the art deco soceity here in LA, and they hold an annual event on the QM II which includes a free event which allows you to waive their bogus $15 voucher, and afterwards you get to wander the ship dressed up like you actually belong there over the course of an evening. here’s a pic from a recent event.

i think i tried siem reap in LB that day.it was good, but lunch for 2 ran $44. no matter, IIRC the place closed.

there’s got to be a few other decent cambodian places with 10 minutes of the QM.

2 Likes

Love browsing there, never knew the term WIS!

And Tempura Endo

Well, I’m more the “I” than anything else. Actually, I’m just about only an “I”!

Hi @ipsedixit,

Does Watermarc have any tables with great views of the beach / ocean? Or is it too far inland / blocked by other buildings for that? Thanks.

Sit upstairs, next to a window. Probably want to do that anyway.

There is a view. But a great one? No.

1 Like