I just got an email from Quince restaurant in the City announcing their Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve dinners . . .
Short and Sweet:
– Seven-course Tasting Menu 295.00
– Optional Wine Pairing 250.00
Quince will be closed on Christmas Day
New Year’s Eve:
– Eight-course Tasting Menu & [one] Glass of Champagne 420.00
– Optional Wine Pairing 350.00
New Year’s Day:
– Tasting Menu 220.00
– Optional Wine Pairing 178.00
Now, I’m not specifically “picking” on Quince. I like Quince. But how many out there can afford a dinner that’s as much as $1,540 for two, plus tax and tip?