ISO Battera Sushi

Nozomi

7 Likes

I really like the addition of shiso in these batteras. Such a nice balance of flavors.

1 Like

Sushi Miyagi in Brentwood is offering Battera to go, saba or salmon

7 Likes

Darn it! I’m never on the Westside, especially now. But! I happen to be in Brentwood and of course it’s Monday and everyone’s closed. :cry: Before the C19 lockdown I had a really nice meal at Sushi Miyagi (and a really bad one at Takao) and planned to do a @Chowseeker1999 and go back before doing a report, but…

2 Likes

Sushi Miyagi Carmakase

battera
This was fantastic, chef shin is from osaka so he knows his battera. The only thing I would have preferred is some shiso. His other offerings were great too. @Chowseeker1999, @TheCookie, @CiaoBob, @J_L, @Ns1, @A5KOBE, @attran99, @Omotesando. Thanks for the heads up @JeetKuneBao.

Enjoyed this with @NYCtoLA, in our respective cars, across the street from each other, in front of n/naka, waiting for our bentos. What a time to be alive.

19 Likes

Beautiful! I want to eat that everyday.

1 Like

Gorgeous. Is this a pre-order for daytime, nighttime or anytime? I’m usually only traveling to the Westside during the day which hinders my picking up some of the great food I’m seeing on FTC lately.

1 Like

You can order it any time during their open hours. I picked some up right when they opened at noon. Thanks @PorkyBelly!

2 Likes

You can pre-order and pickup for anytime during their opening hours tues-thurs, sunday 12-7; fri-sat 12-8. They can also make off menu items too if you ask and they have the ingredients; I got a delicious torotaku with my order. Menu and more pictures shortly.

9 Likes

Thanks @PorkyBelly! Such a sweet couple. I really want to support their new spot.

1 Like

Didn’t know Katsuyama Ken had a half bottle size! Nice to see discounted sake as part of takeout :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Has anyone had their omakase before the shelter-in-place? Their About web page says they alternate between red vinegar and white vinegar in their shari.

I did the lunch omakase here before, and I’ll leave it at that.

1 Like

Ouch, thanks for taking one for the team @J_L. :frowning:

1 Like

@hungryhungryhippos enjoyed it

2 Likes

@noddles I went when they had just opened and enjoyed my meal quite a bit.

For comparison I enjoyed my meal more than the meal at masakazu.

Hope you visit when they re-open for omakase.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reports and pics! @hungryhungryhippos @J_L

I’ll def consider doing omakase once possible. In the mean time, here are more pics of their saba battera. I couldn’t help but take a peek of the saba underneath the kombu, a beautiful silvery blue hue.

4 Likes

Sushi ii in Newport Beach should be on Battera lovers to do list

Check out Chowseekers thread

2 Likes

I recommend the saba oshizushi at Ebisu in Little Tokyo. The saba has excellent flavor and texture. More generally, I recommend Ebisu for Japanese delivery.

2 Likes

I spy battera under their house special rolls on the menu at the link.

FWIW I’ve really liked everything that I’ve had at Ichijiku, so this feels like it could be another excellent east side option.

4 Likes