It this the end of La Paella?

The bigger the paella, the less the cost per person.

Can the back yard have a pool, please? I will bring festive tiki torches and Chinese lanterns.

Chefs are paid by the hour, not per person. The per person cost is food.

2 Likes

All I’m saying is a quick google of Los Angeles paella caterers charge per person and not per hour.

Of course I’m just a pleb without chef hookups that will charge per hour + cost of food.

1 Like

You’ll be hard pressed to find a paella with shellfish and rabbit together in Valencia. They don’t really mix land and sea together in one paella. You either get one with chicken and rabbit or you get one with seafood.

Here are the two paellas we got in Valencia last summer from two of the more notable places.

5 Likes

Well, that’s no fun. It’s not often I get my two favorite proteins in one dish… and with rice too. :yum:

…Pretty pics though.

Yeah I’d looove a surf & turf afternoon of Spanish eating, but with separate paellas in play.

1 Like

Me too. Sounds wonderful.

I could live with this. As long as I can have both.

…I’m learning so much.

1 Like

My apologies. I have never hired a paella chef specifically.

1 Like

Who has? :grin: …probably @J_L!

2 Likes

The company that I work for hired one a few times…soggy wet rice and lack of socarrat or saffron flavor.

So…just like Jose Andres’ place in LV

The only time I had it there wasn’t bad at all but no socarrat.

Yeah you’d think with that badass paella setup they have going on they’d pull off some socarrat…

1 Like

Anyone know if Bazaar have good paella? They have paella night every Thursday nights for $55/person.

Funny!

yea i know. wasn’t meant to be a shellfish and rabbit sentence.

if someone offers up a backyard for a Sociedad gathering we could come up with some pretty fantastic food with or without paella. someone should

4 Likes

I’ve had it once . . . went with the Bomba upgrade (no soccarat option that I saw).
I wasn’t in love.

Thanks for taking one for the team.

This menu is from 2017. It has ambiguous wording but it’s on there.

2 Likes