Italian Love in L.A

I’m seeing a lot of threads and mentions of specific restaurants, styles and lots of pizza, but not a thread dedicated solely to Italian Restaurants. What are your favorite spots in L.A. right now?

1 Like

We really could use a top notch Sicilian joint.

3 Likes

Colapasta. Joins Takuma as one of the very few reasonably-priced-but-good neighborhood restaurants in Santa Monica. Pleasant service, relaxed feel, and great pasta.

5 Likes

Big A would love that!

Osteria Mozza.

2 Likes

Not Italian restaurants but my favorite pastas in the city are still at Republique and Bestia. I wish I had a delivery husband to bring me the bolognese and baked goods home from Republique.

2 Likes

Hehe… I was thinking about Republique, but my delivery husband loves Italian and I wanted to take him someplace with a bigger variety of pastas. I didn’t know Republique serves Bolognese. He loves that and would just end up ordering it at an Italian place anyway, so…

1 Like

Bolognese is only available at lunch. But it’s so good.

2 Likes

Oh that’s odd. No biggie. We’ll try it at some point. Our nephew is taking us to dinner for delivery hubby’s bday. We don’t want it to get too expensive.

Still curious about folks’ favorites, at any price range. Is there still love for Felix?

I’m still a big Felix fan and go often. Other Italian restaurants I enjoy include Angelini Osteria (though I have not been in a while), Bestia, Osteria Mozza, Rossoblu, and Vincenti. I have also heard good things about Hippo (Matt Molina’s place in Highland Park) but have yet to get over that way.

3 Likes

Good list @NewTrial. Thanks!

We decided on Pasta Sisters in CC. Then nephew texted he’s bringing his roomie, affectionately dubbed Big Money. I asked if we should change to the more upscale Felix. He said “Nah, he needs to learn how to slum it”. :grin:

4 Likes

Then Buca Di Beppo it is.

4 Likes

jon & vinny’s fairfax
spicy fusilli
mafaldine with bolognese
linguini aglio e olio
cacio e pepe
calamari
meatballs
la woman
soft serve

https:/uploads/default/original/3X/0/1/01ea7fa9afe51fdde7a94f389321c00cb18aa5c5.jpeg

https:/uploads/default/original/3X/0/6/065581b9bc9d6543c9166a1b1abc8f42ce90e623.jpeg

5 Likes

Yep, my heart always says Jon & Vinny’s, especially with the youngers. We live close to the original Pasta Sisters and have been wanting to checkout the sit down in CC. But J&V would probably be more fun and we won’t have to bring wine… Hmmm.

Drats, both locations booked tonight. Always follow your first instinct! :smirk:

This Sweet Corn Agnolotti w/Sage Butter is probably a summer thing but it’s definitely one of my favorite bites!

Most people would be horrified by the over-saucing but to me it just means More bread please!

11 Likes

Where is this?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that is Jon and Vinny. The plates are a giveaway.

1 Like