Italian Love in L.A

It has a nice smokiness from the grill. My preferred way of eating it is chopped up on crostini drizzled with that yummy dressing, but it’s also really good as is. Enjoy!

Well, whaddya know. It’s not just a catering space. It’s a restaurant after-all…

2 Likes

I meant to send that to you when I read it the other day!

1 Like

I thought of our convo too. :slightly_smiling_face: I edited to include the link.

1 Like

Are you forgetting the tasting menu at Stinking Rose?

They built-out, brightened and prettied-up the former Little Next Door space on W. 3rd St and turned it into Oste, an Italian restaurant with an extensive menu featuring Roman-style pizzas and dishes.

Let’s eat…

Carciofi alla Giudia - Fried Baby Artichoke, Parsley, Lemon, Salt, Cracked Pepper

Trivia: The name translates as Jewish-style Artichokes. This starter is originated from and still served in most Roman Jewish restaurants. The artichokes were perfectly cooked, light, crispy & tasty, but the parsley oil didn’t add anything and made it drippy to eat. The menu listed Bagna Càuda as an accompaniment. I guess the parsley oil was their take on it? :thinking:

Main course and salad portions are large…

Pan Seared Branzino, Fregola Sarda, Red Bell Pepper Coulis, EVOO

This is a delicious dish. The fregola was cooked really well and everything was seasoned perfectly with the light coulis, fresh greens & herbs as a nice accompaniment. The branzino skin lost a little crispiness sitting under the greens but not a deal breaker. I would definitely order this again. :hearts:

Cacio e Pepe

How do I put it nicely? It was a disaster. Super peppery, not typically a bad thing but this was off-balance, too saucy, too salty and pasta was sticky stuck together making it hard to eat.

Vigne Surrau, ‘Limizzani’ Vermentino di Gallura ’20

Delicious Sardinian vermentino.

2nd Visit…

Insalata di Radicchio e Finocchio - Radicchio, Fennel, Asian Pear, Gorgonzola, Candied Walnuts

Crisp, salty, sweet, nutty, fennel, soft rich funky cheese.

Funghi Pinsa - Scamorza Cheese, Wild Mushrooms, Parsley, Garlic, Parmigiano, Truffle Oil

Tagline should be Must Love Mushrooms. It’s loaded w/shrooms and complimented by the stretchy, piquant scamorza cheese & tangy parmigiano. I forgot to ask them to go very easy on the truffle oil. The crust was the real highlight for me. I’m not a Pinsa Romano aficionado but could become one lol. I love the airy, crispiness from incorporating rice flour in the dough. :hearts:

Budino

So good! :heart::blush::heart:

Macchiato

Lots of inviting spaces…

Not sure what happened to Little Next Door but Oste is a nice addition to W 3rd St.

Happy Italian Eating!

16 Likes

We had a good delivery from Oste, but that pasta does look like a disaster. I liked the mushroom pinsa. Mushroom is my go to pizza flavor.

1 Like