Ixlb Soft Opens in Hollywood

coupla few things:

i did not mean to imply folks 'round here didn’t “like” clarissa wei because she wasn’t a nice person.
quite the opposite.

and i am going to respectfully disagree with almost everything ipse writes in the post above. it is my opinion the way
she “came off” in her writing was, um, having a different opinion than some of the posters here and there. i would
ask for examples of her being dishumble, immodest or nonself-effacing. what did she write (kickstarter thing aside) that showed a sense of entitlement? what is something she wrote that demonstrated a lack of self awareness?

at least porthos gives a concrete example of why she “lost credibility” with him. however, i will, respectfully, say
if i lost credibility for every writer who made a mistake, i couldn’t muster any credibility for any writers anywhere (i’m not sure that even makes sense.).
we’re all humans. posters here and there make mistakes all the time; i know i do.
but, many of them retain credibility with me, because i can take other things from their writing
besides the odd mistake.

listen to me rambling on like sam elliot in ‘the big lebowski.’ this is a discussion for a round of drinks somewhere, not here, in my opinion.
mea culpa.

I tried and failed to find the CH thread that discussed what I referred to above. Could be due to the new search format. If I imagined the whole thing, my bad.

R.e. Porthos big ass xlb issue: people make mistakes all the time - totally understandable. But when someone with credibility gives wrong advice, is informed so and doesn’t recant/retract/edit/my bad-it, that misinfo floats in the ether-world for time immemorial.

You mean this one, or this one?

Neither of which are about dim sum, per se, but do highlight what is rather “nails on chalkboard” about her writing and writing attitude.

But then the thread you’re probably thinking of was deleted by the Chowhound Mods.

I distinctly remember CW catching a ton of flack about her picking Lunasia as the end-all dim sum joint. I found a Thrillist list where she mentioned this about Lunasia but but not the CH thread that was pretty much a “WTF?” to her comments.

Anybody eat here lately? 2 years later, this place is still holding it down and has increased it’s yelp rating to a stellar 4.5*…

1 Like

The best Chinese food in Hollywood is certain dishes at Siam Sunset, Ruen Pair, Luv2Eat, Yai’s, and Rodded

There is a place that serves Bok Choy in heart of Hollywood, Box Choy.

Looks like a simple dinner I had growing up.

I had it about 6 months ago and almost everything i had was good quality. I don’t really like their char sui baos the filling is kind of mushy and gummy.

2 Likes