January 2021 Rundown

Ohmigod, I had forgotten it was supposed to come w/ those!

So, yes, happened to us as well. Will be contacting them about that…

1 Like

There’s a Dessert Desperado in our midst…

2 Likes

Mystery solved: some of their e-mails erroneously stated that it was a prix-fixe menu b/c it had been so in past years. Bleh. Well, the cassoulet was still largely unimpeachable, even if the e-mail copy was not…

3 Likes

:rofl:

Crooked Gaff Kitchen (Whittier)
My local oyster house when I’m not down to go into the city for Connie & Ted’s or Costa Mesa for Shuck.
Chef Tony Alcazar spent quite a bit of time training under Chef Craig Strong and opened in his hometown an oyster bar and fusion seafood place. His recent January birthday week led to a fun week of specials based on things he loves to cook.
Some became so popular that they’ve hit his menu permanently.
Crispy tuna poké taco…if you love the poké tacos from Gott’s in Napa, then you might enjoy this version. Crispy tortilla shell fried to hardshell form and filled with tuna poké, guacamole, yuzu blue crab, and furikake. With the blue crab mix, it’s a touch gloppy…but so far, the closest rendition to Gott’s and we’re really missing our regular pilgrimages to Napa.
Lobster ravioli…it’s a very generous portion for $17 and the ravioli itself is gorgeous as Chef runs lovely green pinstripes across the ravioli. Filling is very lobster-y and the raviolis are tossed in a saffron cream sauce and garnished with grilled asparagus.
Sorry no photos.

4 Likes