January Weekend Rundown (2016)

The new Rose in Venice. Smoked Bucatini Carbonara (my favorite pasta dish in LA has just moved down the street from Superba Snack Bar with Jason Neroni). Still wonderful…

6 Likes

Gjusta porchetta melt and panna cotta. Spoiler alert… it was delicious.

6 Likes

Darn you @PorkyBelly. Why you gotta tempt me to go back so soon? LOL. :wink:

That looks delish!

Is the last dish bread pudding?

Glad to be of service

Otium and Pok Pok LA

Otium

Pok Pok

1 Like

Yes, their chocolate bread pudding…

Handy’s Market in Burbank. Finally was in the area on a Saturday to try their bbq. Got a rack of beef, 2.5 pound tri-tip, 2 each mild and hot sausage. It was ok, I wouldn’t go out of my way to get it

Then a late night run to The Spot on Pico. Got the supper box . Supper box is $15 comes with one piece of fried chicken, two sides, 3 waffle sticks, their cobbler of the day and a drink. I chose dark meat, meat and potatoes, rice and gravy. Cherry cobbler was Saturday’s choice. I also added a side of the hot link. It comes chopped with some onions, it’s what they put on the sandwich.

3 Likes

While in Napa, I learned that traditional Santa Maria tri-tip can be done by dry rubbing the meat at the most 24 hour in advance, and then seared on high heat for 5 minutes per side and then wrapping it in foil and throwing it in a cold oven to finish cooking for roughly and hour. I’ve been using this technique and it’s fabulous.

The best $12 mole chilaquiles (wtf!!!) from a food court? Washed down with a $5 Margie. Loteria, fig/7. Loteria is the OG Broken Spanish.

2 Likes

Wonderful meal at Maple Block starting with their smoked pimiento sandwiches…

Uploading…

6 Likes

not your father’s root beer is awesome.

2 Likes

Wienermobile, your photos make everything look so delicious. We had dinner at Maple Block on Sunday. I enjoyed the grilled romaine and the fatty brisket, but I found the pork ribs to be dry. The sauces were fantastic, I just don’t think I’m a fan of dry rubbed BBQ.

1 Like

The pork ribs have a bit more bite than I like but the definitely not dry for me.

What was the sandwich in the first photo?

It is a smoked pimento cheese sandwich appetizer. You get four pieces. Very tasty.

1 Like

It really the best of the boozy rootbeer segment.

–Dommy!

2 Likes

Goes great with BBQ too!

Weather was so bad last night was hoping that no one would be waiting at Petit Trois…and I was right and walked right in (my karma was that 10 minutes later there was a 1 hour wait) wonderful meal and service but that darn burger was just too rich for me…and I never thought I’d be saying those words.

Uploading…

3 Likes

@wienermobile I felt my heart clog up just looking at your pic! :frowning:

2 Likes