Jitlada Analysis

Deleted out of sensitivity. Post was not intended to be offensive. Just trying to say Jitlada’s food is exciting.

I warned you…“Then, all at once, you can find yourself in a situation where your physical urges fight against your reason.”
It has happened to me more than once.

So much for toast and perfect jam…

Which dishes?

Brazilian or Thai? Actually, both sound good!

1 Like

Deleted out of sensitivity. Post was not intended to be offensive. Just trying to say Jitlada’s food is exciting.

1 Like

Wow, you have have just made Thai curry politically incorrect. I have to upvote it!

could someone translate this first paragraph into english for those of us who dont speak hannibal lector?

4 Likes

The food at Jitlada is too hot to take home to mother?

I translate it as a misogynist rant that reduces Brazilian women to sex objects while at the same time comparing them to Thai food.

10 Likes

Of course: saying I enjoy sex with Brazilian women “reduces them to sex objects.” And saying that sex is exhilarating “reduces women to sex objects.” I should have compared the exciting food at Jitlada to having a special conversation with a woman. How dare I enjoy sex?

What asinine drivel. Sex is part of life. Nothing in my post suggested that I value women only for their bodies, which isn’t the least bit true. The most you can read my post for is that I enjoy having sex with Brazilian women. I’m not ashamed to say that. You’ve taken offense because you’re the kind of person who takes offense to things, not because you have any intelligent or reasonable basis for taking offense. You live life angry at the world and that’s your problem, not mine.

I love women, and sex is just one part of that. It’s not the most important part. It happens to be the most exhilarating part, which is perfectly natural. And I think the comparison between sex and intensely flavorful food is apt and unobjectionable.

It’s interesting that the left-wing and right-wing fringe converge on the idea of sex as something to be ashamed of. There’s something deep going on in people’s psyches there. I think it’s insecurity and feelings of inadequacy.

Let me also expand on Brazilians. They have the most exuberant and open culture I know. My experiences with them (men and women) have been wild. It’s too much for me; I’m a quiet guy.

You really don’t see how comparing (sex with) women to objects you consume is objectifying them?

3 Likes

You’re right: it is a stupid conversation.

physician, heal thyself.

I think I have to go back because I’m yet to be impressed with them and paying twice as much as the other places i go to in Thai Town hasn’t been justified. I don’t mind paying if they have unique and impressive dishes, so I’ll go back for the curries. But $15 morning glory doesn’t float my boat. Yes in general the premise is solid, spicy, heavily flavored cuisines are very exciting and we crave them more than fine dining restaurants. .

If you don’t think Jitlada has unique dishes you haven’t been reading the menu carefully…

I haven’t tried enough on my 1 visit and keep going back to northern places like an addict. How about just tell me what you like rather than the reading comprehension critique dot dot dot

Well, just go take a look at the extensive Southern Thai section of the menu. Very little of it is easily available elsewhere in Thai Town.

And see this thread: Jitlada Lovers--What are your favorite dishes?