Johnny's West Adams

Just kidding I see the option now. That is pricey. Better be worth it.

What is that?

the OC dudes that deliver stuff once a week? I’m starting to get a little leary of these home kitchens… who freakin knows their safety and cleanliness standards and they’re serving so many people that they’re making things waaaaay ahead and just leaving them in room temp…

1 Like

Can someone send me the house kitchen Indonesian ppls info? I’d love to order from them.

Do you know the actual name of the company? Just curious. I don’t see anything online.

It’s a FB group: SoCal Indo Food

2 Likes

no, i didn’t know… and looks like i was talking about a different one… it scares me… with street food at least i can see what’s happening… with this stuff there’s no way to know who sticks theirs balls into the curry

1 Like

same thing can happen at a restaurant

Ahhh… FB. I have yet to apply for a visa.

2 Likes

but it might be Thomas Keller’s balls

1 Like

Thank you for the imaginative depiction @Nemroz. One I’m not soon to forget.

Coming soon Balls of Curry! Brought to you by the producers of Fists of Fury!

6 Likes

Per article it’s not Travis Lett’s but Danny Elmaleh of nearby Mizlala

1 Like

Oh, wow!

Oh, interesting.

For those that don’t know Danny was with Josiah Citrin at Melisse for years and is a pretty great chef in his own right.

Now I’m curious what Travis Lett is going to be up to

1 Like

Are the Mizlalas related? B/c there was one in Sherman Oaks that was run by Simon’s son, right?

1 Like

Yes that’s him, Danny Elmaleh is Japanese and Moroccan IIRC

2 Likes

We’re loving having Mizlala in our ‘hood.

I was thinking the same.

2 Likes

That’s very unfortunate. :frowning: We liked our 2 visits to Mizlala (OG), but it was fine, not outstanding.

I was genuinely excited to see what Chef Travis Lett’s take on Pastrami and Knish and other items might be like. His cooking at Gjelina and Gjusta, how he can make the most incredible sandwiches from seemingly simple ingredients (Turkey Butcher, Prime Rib Butcher, Falafel Sandwich, Veggie Sandwich, etc.), Gjelina’s masterful vegetable dishes and more…

With this change? Not as excited.

6 Likes